General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

220 VOLTAGES - US vs Europe??

<< < (2/4) > >>

GOS:
i have bally v5500 video pokers that were used in Russia - have 220v transformers and power supply setup for 220v - they have the 2 pin wire cord as used in europe.  Been trying to convert to 110v  -  just want to see what the game would do in a 220v environment - I have a neighboring shop where the guy is from germany and has 220v equipment from europe he runs on this generator - says they won't run on us 220v - hence my ?  about what IF?   I will see if there is any label/tag on his generator.
In closing - the only reason I want to TRY the 220v is all of the games I have converted using 110v transformers and power supply ALL have the same problem - monitors - can't adjust verticle size.  I have 2 repaired monitors coming back - if they work in the 110v setup then the 220v question goes away.

qbert:
The problem with your monitor sounds like they are set to operate on a 50 hz supply the voltage changes you are making will have no affect on the issue you are having.
You said you sent them for repairs there is probably nothing wrong with them. There is probably a switch or a plug change (monitor end not wall end) that needs to be done to the monitor as I suspect they can be wired for either 50 or 60 hz. Make sure you don't pay a high price for a very simple change.
Rich

GOS:
thank you for that info - I sent 2 monitors chassis to LV and they found issues and I will be receiving those back on Friday.  I sent one to Ceronix and they fixed and mentioned nothing about 50/60 - will will receive that one back on tuesday - so by tues I will have 3 monitors FIXED?? and ready to install.  Will post results on wed.

DrDemon:
besides the 50\60hz thing the biggest difference is the way the 220v is delivered. In Europe single line voltage is 220v measured from line1 (L1) to ground. In U.S. our 220v is composed of two 110v lines (L1 and L2) that are out of phase with each other. So measuring either L1 or L2 to ground will only yield 110v. Measuring voltage from L1 to L2 Will yield 220v due to the fact that they are phased opposite. So when L1 sine wave reads +110v L2 sine wave will read opposite at -110v. The difference between +110 and -110 is 220. that's how that works. So hopefully my expanation makes sense. It was more difficult to explain then I thought it would be.

GOS:
appreciate the info - actually found that my 110v conversions are working so no need to look at a 220v test

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version