Progressive Controllers and Displays > IGT Stand-alone Progressive Systems

Just bought a Spectrum Dual Display part

(1/5) > >>

bigdps:
Hi folks,
I have searched but haven't found the easy question to my problem.
I just got a Spectrum Dual Display and the only thing it has is just the part itself.
The 9 inch display has a mii 6pin molex with nothing hooked to it.
The 16 inch below, has a straight 5 pin black connector and below it is a medium sized 6 pin molex. The part number is 25302100 Rev B and there is a sticker below the window where the SDF104 R chip is and it is written on it,
DWNLD TBSPEC
358879-400

From this info, how can I make this work on my Valhalla 044 slot machine?
I am no electronic wizard to say the least but am pretty confident to tackle just about anything.

On many of my games, I do have the possibility to write messages to go to a spectrum display as there is a diagnostic screen in the ROM section just for that. Please tell me I didn't buy this part for nothing. I don't care if it doesn't count jackpots or whatever, as long as I can display custom messages on it. :hail:

rickhunter:
Here are the cables you need, if you have the parts and can make the cables I will make a pinout post for you to follow.  The little cable that connects the two displays together is both connected and a spare is in the outside so you can see what the cable looks like.

bigdps:
Awesome Rick! I have none of the connectors but if I knew their molex part number, I'm sure I could order them from Digikey or something.
Do I need both displays or can I split them in 2 and get by with the bottom one only?

rickhunter:
You can use just the bigger one if you want.  I will post the pin-outs later.  The connectors are all Mini-fit Jr connectors except for the 5 pin single row connector:

1 - minifit Jr 10 pin dual row with female pins
1 - minifit Jr 4 pin dual row with female pins
1 - minifit jr 2 pin with female pins
1 - minifit jr 6 pin dual row with female pins.

1 - molex SL part 50-57-9405 5 pin single row female.

bigdps:
Just to make sure before I order them, are these the right part numbers?

And what size contact terminals should I get? 18-24 ? Tin or gold?
Thanks Rick. Really appreciate your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version