**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > STATUS Video Poker

Anyone heard of a STATUS brand Video Poker slot? CAN'T get it to do much!

<< < (15/17) > >>

shortrackskater:
Forgot! Yes, when the coins were "spitted" out, the machine locks up and CALL ATTENDANT is displayed. From that point is when the only way to clear the error is to power off, on and press one of the black buttons that I'm calling a "reset" button. The others don't do anything... well the red one does and it's really weird - but it doesn't clear the error!

I don't think it's a mechanical or hopper issue. I'm going to pull out the MPU board again and just spray some contact cleaner (carefully) on each IC that's in a socket and lift all of them up and then back in just to make sure there's no issue with dirty contacts. 

shortrackskater:
From SolidSilver:

Yeah. probably something like that. Most e-lectronic problems originate in basic mechanical connections;
that's one of the reasons I don't trust e-lectronics. Gimme a gear or chain drive, or cam/microswitch any time;
at least I can physically see the damn problem. (Oops, is my age showing...?   )

In the meantime, one electromechanical thing that would cause such an issue is what we used to call "switch lag."
This is when a switch (including it's external mechanical connections) is actuated too rapidly for it to sense. In your case,
it would occur with insufficient mechanical lubrication, weak return spring, inappropriate adjustment, etc. on a steady-stream
cashout pay. Very much like "valve float" at high revs on a 283 Chev V8: the mechanism doesn't quite react fast enough to return to
bottom before the next up-kick from the cam. Perhaps your output-count microswitch lever is not quite getting to bottom
before the next coin lifts it. This could make the difference between a few-coin payout and a steady-stream "cashout."

I sincerely hope such is NOT the problem: I'd rather it be an issue with some damn chip or soldered-in board component:
we old mechanical guys need some "told ya so" points from time-to-time 

shortrackskater:
FUNNY you should say that!
That was the first thing I did check when that problem started. I just (like two minutes ago) returned from the garage after removing the MPU and carefully shooting contact cleaner in the IC sockets and making sure the chips were seated. Worked for awhile... then did it again! 
Maybe I will return to the adjustable switch. I turned it in at first, thinking that was the problem Maybe I should have actually turned it out more? I guess I could check it during a payout and just manually flip the roller as I adjust the screw until it stops counting, then turn it in a little. Does that make sense?
It's still FUN playing it... I just got 4 of a kind! 

shortrackskater:
From Op-Bell:

Microswitches do occasionally go bad. Very often the case gets cracked and then they either won't make, or won't break, on even numbered days in months with an 'R' in them (or some such unfathomable schedule). I would try changing the coin out microswitch before I started fiddling with the electronics.

This is actually a very interesting machine. The total program memory is only 6k! Quite an achievement to do a poker in 6k. It also has only 2k of video RAM and 1k of system RAM, plus 256 bytes of battery backed. Such a machine couldn't be made today - the art has been lost. Young whippersnappers of today couldn't write a "Hello World" program in less than a megabyte.

shortrackskater:
Thanks! I may just try that... it's an easy switch to get to...
What I also like is that the machine tells you if you have one, or two pair... or any winning combination, which I think is a nice feature. It plays much "friendlier" than my Fortune One! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version