**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Reel Games

6000 Round Top - Differing types and compatability

(1/1)

Gypsum:
I'm contemplating reimaging my 6000 with new kit.  Currently, I have the round top with the front mounted speakers.  As such the glass is shaped with cutouts on the bottom edge. 

The kit I'd like to use does not have the speaker cutouts in the glass. 

My questions are:
1. It the standard shaped round top the same dimension as the Speakers + Glass round top?
2. Has anyone tried retrofitting S2000 speaker boxes to the outside of a Bally cabinet to remedy this?
3. Did Bally - or anyone - make a kit that moves the speakers to the player tracker panel, and allow standard Round top glass to fit.

CVslots:
I believe the "standard" Bally 6000 is the design you have. Although, Bally 5500 glass kits will fit the cabinet, they will cover up the speakers, since they do not have the speaker cutouts. People have done it, but as to be expected, there is some slight sound muffling/distortion.

Have never seen/heard of anyone customizing a 6000 by adding IGT speakers externally, but crazier things have happened. I'm guessing its possible.

Bally did not make a "conversion" kit to move the speakers. It is not common for a manufacturer to make a retrofit part for their current machine platform to be converted back to the previous generation of machine type.

Hope this helps some.

Gypsum:
So, since the speaker frame is the Player tracker frame, can one just use the flat topped player tracker frame for the bottom of the glass?

Such as this one?

CVslots:
Yep, whatever covers the hole. I sell pieces of black plastic and also a chrome/mirrored look plastic that can be cut to fit as well. Just a note on buying player tracking panels such as the one you have pictured, there are differ types of frames and each one takes a specific type of cover panel. They are not interchangeable, as the hooks on the back of the panel will not align with the notches, and you will not be able to attach it. If you can, buy the cover/panel and the frame as a set to be sure they work together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version