**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical

Bally 1090 coin lock out d-energizing

(1/10) > >>

DavidLee:
Okay, I'm back with some good and bad news.  The bad news is, I abandoned the original Bally circuit to the Lock Out Coil and installed a modern circuit of my own. The good news is, I have the lock out coil working as it should. Thanks to my brother who has a better understanding of electronic components and how they work.

Used the insert coin light as the switch and a Solid State Relay to control the Lock Out Coil.
Using all salvaged parts, Diodes to convert the 6 volt AC to 3 volts DC, Capacitor to smooth the cycle and 550 ohm resistor to drain the capacitor.
Lock Out Coil works as expected with no noticeable dimming to the Insert Coin Light.

Thanks to all who helped along the way and a special thanks to Mr. OldReno

Maybe one day I will solve the mystery of the backward working Lock Out Coil,
but it was great learning experience.

CVslots:
I do not do EM or E canines, but I will ask my husband and see what his input is. Something's stuck, like a relay or other component that I do not know the name of...

Roslyn

DavidLee:
Roslyn,

Thank you for responding to the post.
These machines can be like a good mystery and finding problems keeps our minds active.
But sometimes we need a little outside help and any help would be appreciated.
The coil I'm referring to was missing when I got the machine. I found out why when I replaced it.
Someone prior couldn't find the problem that is apparent now.
They just pulled out the coil and its mechanism for a easy fix,, The machine will still work, but not properly.
I'm overlooking something and it might be very obvious when I find it or maybe not so obvious.
In this particular circuit there are a lot of switches and they all seem to be working except for the one like I described.
The coil should be energized so the first coin can cycle through and d-energize briefly between coins and that is not happening.

Dave

OldReno:
The coin lockout coil has no need to de-energize between coins.  None, there is no purpose for it to do that, and it would require unnecessary circuitry.
The switches in the coin lockout circuit are:
Coin switch, Reel mech A, Reel mech C, Payout relay, Dashpot, Reel mech C3,  (coin relay and line unit open at max odds switch -- these two are in parallel), (Jackpot release switch and Jackpot relay switch -- these two also in parallel). These parallel switches allow coin lockout coil to work after max coins, and during a jackpot after customer has been paid cash and it is time for him/her to playoff machine.
Most all machines are wired like this....
You should try pushing back on the handle before inserting the first coin, because MOST OFTEN the problem is the dashpot switch.

OldReno:
You are correct the coin lockout coil BRIEFLY turns off when the coin in switch is pushed down, but that is not a feature of the machine, it is just an unintended thing.  Don't worry about that part of it, just follow out the switches I posted above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version