Progressive Controllers and Displays > Mikohn Progressive Systems

Displaying a message on the progressive display

(1/4) > >>

qbert:

--- Quote from: b5srt on May 26, 2011, 01:31:05 PM ---I am trying to program a message and cant seem to get it to work. I get into the PSP message programming menu and select #6 MESS.DO. The text window opens and I start the commands as follows F1 (start paragraph) F3 (travel motion) F6 (Speed command) then I enter 3 for speed. S-F3 (Dance command) S-F4 (Foreground color) CTRL-F4 (Double with char)  then I add my text    Blazing   Sevens    Free    Play      Then I hit F10 to exit and F1 to load, I look at the machine and it does say loading on the display but nothing ever happens. I even tried it without the S-F4 command thinking it would default as a normal scroll. 
 :103- :103-

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: knagl on May 26, 2011, 04:48:15 PM ---Despite the appearance that it can, the ChamII+ in stand alone cannot display the mess.do file.  However, you can get custom messages displayed by tinkering with the jpot.do file -- insert jackpot token(s) (token number 8 ) to get the current amount to display, and add text and optional commands with that text as part of one long jpot.do file.  Make sure that the MFILE is set to 0 (set within the on-board buttons on the Mikohn unit), too, or it'll never display.
Start with just a word or two to make sure that it's working as you expect, then expand your jpot.do file.  There's a lot of trial-and-error involved, but once you get it displaying *something*, it's a matter of tweaking it until you get it how you like.
Edited to add:
Here's a video I took a long time ago of my meter (out of the machine) -- everything displayed in the video is just one long jpot.do file:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag94RWzZF2k

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: gposing on February 07, 2014, 07:38:00 AM ---I got over the hurdle of sending programming changes to the controller, but now I want to see a message on the display.  The only thing displayed is the Jackpot.  I am using psp v2.0, from the menu old selection not con1 or con2.
Thanks
Gary

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: bruno on February 07, 2014, 07:17:48 PM ---Hi Gary,
Assuming you have a CHAM II+ (Standalone), the only way to get a text message is using the JPOT.DO file on PSP.
PSP 2.0 Manual page 27 (8.2 Message programming data fields)
If you want the message scrolling + the jackpot amount you must insert jackpot token (#8) in the file.
The best way is to make a long JPOT.DO file.
See this post above

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: qbert on February 07, 2014, 07:43:35 PM ---Gary,
In order to see a message on the display you must first make sure the ChamII is set with MFILE1 =0 or you will not get messages to display.
That being said you will place the message you want in the JPOT.DO file.
In the psp go to message programming and open the JPOT.DO (press #5)
You will see some wierd symbols, it will contain a spade symbol and an 8 along with some other stuff. That is the command to display the current jackpot value. What you want to do is add to this with your message. Put the curser after the jackpot command and start a new paragraph by pressing F1, if you want the message to scroll then press F3, next if you want the message to dance press ShiftF3, now type the text you want to see. You can add more paragraphs and change colors etc. I suggest you start simple.
Press F10 to exit out of the JPOT.DO. From there send to the Cham2. Note My cham2's do not like to accept this command. I have found that you must reboot the cham2 and as soon as it finishes it's self test press the F1 key on the PSP. Sometimes the message will not show up until you reboot the cham2 again.
Hope this helps let us know
Rich

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442