Progressive Controllers and Displays > Mikohn Progressive Systems

Where's the Battery?

(1/1)

qbert:

--- Quote from: jay on January 19, 2014, 11:47:40 PM ---I have a number of progressive controllers older LED4 & LED5, they are no longer holding their programming for more than a day when the machines are off.
Which component is the battery ? that holds the info......

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: knagl on January 20, 2014, 03:43:12 AM ---I don't think I've seen one of those in person, but I'd take a close look at the green-wrapped circular thing -- could that be it?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: stayouttadabunker on January 20, 2014, 08:35:44 AM ---I agree with Knagl...that green wrapped cell is a NEC 5.5V battery and it's positive (+) pole runs straight to
the 1st leg of the 4 diodes and 100 ohm resistor.
It's negative (-) pole runs right to the blue capacitor next to it.
Upon looking at it some more...it just looks like a cap?
Now you've got me wondering where is the battery too?
Here's a link to a similar .22 farad 5.5v green thing on Mouser.
They call it a "Super Capacitor"...>>>

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kemet/FS0H224ZF/?qs=%2fha2pyFadugLzN1S7KquHrj1JFtHwCBEAT9DriN6mzG%2f%2fJx6hHuJew%3d%3d

--- End quote ---

jay:
I did some research on this. These are "super" capacitors that hold their charges for a long time. If I leave my machines / progressives running for 8hrs I get about a week and a half of "off" time before they lose their programming. Examining the boards none of them have been replaced. So I left them alone. I occasionally turn my machines on to "charge" the capacitors but they seem fine otherwise.

metex:
This is what i do to test this super capacitor. Take it out, connect it to a 5v dc source for  about 15 min, disconnect and check the voltage using a digital voltmeter il should be around 5v, if not the capacitif is dead. 
If voltage is good leave it  for few minutes and check voltage again. You should read around 5v if the voltage drops quickly the capacitor is not good, should ne replaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version