Progressive Controllers and Displays > Mikohn Progressive Systems

Mikon stand alone progressive unit questions (S2000)

(1/4) > >>

qbert:

--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 05, 2011, 09:51:23 PM ---I just got a progressive unit glass/reel kit to install in a S2000. It is for a Sizzling 7s if that matters for any reason for starters. I have not changed the SB and other 2 chips nor set the game up as far as changing out the reels, clear/set chip yet. I wanted to make sure I had all the connections right on the progressive ubit first, and all seems well so far. When I powerd the machine and unit up, the progreesive display went through a number of tests, rom, time, date, etc. It all seemed to re set and at first it showed 1001.08 on the progressive display, the it went to 0.00 and alternates and goes to C1 on the display and back again. Now with all of that longwinded intro, do I need to set this up on my slot machine through the test switch menus or what. Sorry if this is a simple question, but this is my first progressive unit so I am totally green on this subject.

This is the unit in question
Thanks in advance,
David

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 05, 2011, 10:24:47 PM ---it now shows a C1 and a C3

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Foster on April 05, 2011, 10:53:43 PM ---C1 - communications link down.
You need to configure the controller so it will work with the S2000
Hardware config via the switches on the unit
Menu = ADDR
    GRADR 255 (default)
    IDADR 64 (default)
    RTR ADDR OFF
    PROTO CON2
    Machine address and ID you can leave them as is
Menu = DISP
    JP Limit  YES (good idea)
    # DISP   1
    JP GRP SA

Settting in PSP for S2000 Use PSP 3.0 for Cham II+ (if it is not in the files section I wil add it)
Jackpot programming (The information in the help area of PSP is decent)
F4 set to M08
F8 set to MS08
set your values and press F1

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 06, 2011, 08:23:50 AM ---Do I need to hook up a computer keyboard to this unit to program it?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: brichter on April 06, 2011, 09:37:17 AM ---No,you need the PSP v2 program and a serial cable with pins 2 and 5 jumped.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 06, 2011, 09:36:22 AM ---I have made a few suggested changes in the menu address and the menu display areas, on the menu display, do I set the JP GRP tp SA0, SA1, or what?. I have it set to SA0 and I am getting a set of zeros on my display and it alternates to a C14. Any help on this?
Thanks,
David

--- End quote ---

SA0
C14=The selected Machine Serial setting is not supported
Like posted above you need the psp program with the correct serial cable
and a pc with a 9 pin serial port xp or 98 works best.
Tim

qbert:

--- Quote from: stormrider on April 06, 2011, 10:31:48 AM ---David,
Reading this it sounds like you already have the glass kit with progressive
pulled from a working machine if this is correct then all you would have to do is hook up cable from J7 of Mikohn
to J15 on the S2000(if it came with the cable) then in the key chip menu set up the progressive to link level 1 I believe.
Key chip is required of course.
Let us know what you did.
Tim

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 06, 2011, 11:13:08 AM ---It did come from a working game and it did include that cable. So I already did a clear and set in  order to change the games, do I need to repeat that whole process, or can I just start from the set chip forward?
Thanks,
David

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: stormrider on April 06, 2011, 11:21:36 AM ---No clear needed you have to key chip and go into
7.3 Progressive menu
set it to none
Link=LINK LEVEL 1 for all denoms
and select %
Sorry I don't have my notes in front of me I think Ron-r273 sent you his notes in the email above
follow that and you should be good to go.
Tim

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: stormrider on April 06, 2011, 11:28:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 06, 2011, 11:25:49 AM ---will I need to get my credits down to zero before I make the changes and do I need to use my set chip as well?

--- End quote ---
Correct 0 credits key not set this is a S2000 not S+ machine

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: BR549 Auto Sales on April 06, 2011, 03:34:23 PM ---Changed the progreesive settings and now I am getting the same C14 and "link progreesive down" message on the bottom left display.
Wow this is really being a pain in the ...........

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Foster on April 06, 2011, 03:42:49 PM ---Start up PSP and post a good screen shot or list the settings for Jackpot programming.
I suspect a setting is not correct in the controller
Also hide that Clear Chip it is not needed as much as people like to think it is needed.
I have changed games over 100 times and never had to use a clear chip just to do a game change.
Only time I had to use one is when I made 2 acccounting denomination mistakes.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: stormrider on April 06, 2011, 03:44:46 PM ---Setting up a progressive for the first time is always a hair puller.
First off did you key chip the machine...
IN THE KEY CHIP MENU
you must pick under 7.3.1
game 1
denom amount
then link level 1
Make sure the cable from J7 is connected to J15 on the S2000

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2