**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical

Bally 873 - Shifted symbols and stop index reel

(1/2) > >>

Nurbo:
Hello,

I started restoring my Bally 873, and I meet a problem with the alignment of symbols.
Here is the first photo of the machine when I got it.
At that time I had not noticed that there was a mismatch.

During disassembly and cleaning, I took pictures to put the stop index reel as they were there and when I saw that there was a discrepancy with the symbols of the third reel.

By removing the reels again I saw that stop index reel did not have the same numbers and they were not identical to the notches (but it may be normal).
The reel 1 and 2: 684-7
The reel 3: 684-8

And when I am aligning the symbols with the reel out of the machine, the stop index reel  are no longer aligned.

If it can help you, here are the symbols of my reel strip.

The solutions:
1 - Either the 3rd reel strip is not positioned as it should
2 - Or the stop index reel of the third reel is shifted from its mounting
3 - Or the stop index reel of the third reel is not the good one

Thanks.

Nurbo

Jon:
they do not appear to be Ballys index plate numbers but they appear to be in good shape and in the right place I would look more on page 97 of the EM manual at part number 41 and 43 they get stuck in the up position and they cause the machine to not indexed quite right really common for them to be stuck I've had several of them stuck up

rdaniel:
If I understand your issue (and I may not), the third reel symbols do not line up with the first and second reels.

Does the machine pay out correctly based on the winning symbols? If so, then in order to have all three symbols line up, move the reel tape slightly to that it is in alignment with the other two.

Jon:
my mistake you are probably right the real strip is probably not crimp on the wheel properly
talking out of my rear end again dang it

Nurbo:
Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

Ovenguy10 : the part number 41 and 43 they don't get stuck in the up position, they work well.

I also think for a shift reel strip, but what misled me was that the third reel strip is positioned (on the reel) at the same location as the other 2.

By cons I cannot test if the payments correspond to the symbols because the machine is not currently functional. Is there a way to test using a multimeter or position of the "wiper plate assembly" ?

Bruno

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version