**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical

Bally 873 - Shifted symbols and stop index reel

<< < (2/2)

OldReno:
Most excellent documenting, and great photos, etc.  Thank you for your wonderful work ethic.
You may have to work from the hopper back up to the reels.
Is this btw, a 5 line or 3 line machine? It appears to be a 5 line by the reel cuts.
It would be interesting for you to map out the cuts on the discs with the symbols involved.
In other words, with everything back together, move each reel to each cut, and mark on the reel wiper board a dot.  When you do this for all the positions on each reel, you should start to see a pattern. 
If you are very lucky, for example, a bell symbol on centerline will be the very same cut for each and every bell on the centerline for that reel.  You may have what are called above and below the line cuts, which pretty much puts the kibosh on understanding the layout.
As with your wonderful layout of the reel strips, you may be able to see a pattern on the discs, too.
Also, make a map of the wire colors coming from your hopper pay board for each of the pays.
EG, a 2 coin pay is liable to be a 13 wire, a 5 coin could be a 15 wire, etc. etc. for each of the pays on your hopper board.  These pay wires go up to the reel mech beau plugs and you will find them going to the reel boards themselves.  This may give you some ideas on which direction to go and how to proceed.
You are doing a most excellent job documenting this project, and I am sure that it will be here on this board for some long time, and used by others to good benefit.
Cool.
PS, try to map out the 777 pays, since there is only one of them, and look for the wire going to your 200 pay segment on the hopper board for a clue as to what color the 7's use on the reel boards.  What fun.

OldReno:
Here is a quick list of what you may find on the hopper payboard as far as wire colors for pays.
This is not always accurate, but it is often enough to pay attention to.
2 coin pay - 13 wire
5 coin pay - 15 wire
10 coin pay   27 wire
14 coin pay   41 wire
18 coin pay   TBD, sometimes 51
20 coin pay   51 wire
50 coin pay   23 wire
100 coin pay  81 wire
200 coin pay  54 wire
Note that on some machines the 51 wire may be for an 18 coin pay instead of a 20 coin pay.
These wires will most likely end up running into the 1st reel board of your reel mech, with a few going to 3rd reel perhaps.
Now, if you have a 5line XX machine, then your hopper payboard will be a whole lot different, and your pay structures are going to be much more difficult to figure out.
And your wiring on your reel boards is going to be a nightmare.
But, send more pics, they are excellent. Thanks.

Nurbo:
Hello,

Thank you for your messages, and  you are not the last to do well detailed post, I read a lot about the old forum.

To talk about my machine again, it is indeed a 5-line, but it is being restored but does not work, I can only do the manual test. I will have a look at this when I go back from holydays.

I will also make another post where I mention all the steps of the restoration, but my dearest wife has to translate the text each time (because Google is not perfect on that!).

Bruno

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version