**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games

Sooo, what would cause D3 to unsolder itself off the MPU?

(1/2) > >>

RILaw:
Picked up this S+ project recently, had a 65-3 code (After I replaced a bad CC and coin optic I'm at this stage).  Found one of the large diodes chilling on the bottom of the machine.  So I soldered it back in (D3) and still had a 65-3.... turn key, 65-1, press reset, 65-0 and smell of burning....D3 unsoldered itself again  :duh:   So I just looked closely at the cpu pcb to see if a quarter or anything was shorting anything...Nothing.  Checked wires etc.....  Soooo, any ideas??

Thanks

Crash0:
Is D3 anywhere near the transformer?  If so, may want to check output on it, see what kind of voltage it's putting to the board.

RILaw:

--- Quote from: Crash0 on March 23, 2014, 09:19:54 AM ---Is D3 anywhere near the transformer?  If so, may want to check output on it, see what kind of voltage it's putting to the board.

--- End quote ---

No, its the one big diode by itself near the top of the pcb, not one in that group of large diodes.

LINDAM:
It sounds like your D3 is part of the power supply bridge and may be bad. have you check it to see if it's still a diode?

RILaw:

--- Quote from: LINDAM on March 23, 2014, 09:37:18 AM ---It sounds like your D3 is part of the power supply bridge and may be bad. have you check it to see if it's still a diode?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, yes, tests good on DMM.  Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version