**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker

Lighted Hold/Draw/Deal Buttons Any Fix?

(1/6) > >>

RiseLikeRa:
While I wait patiently for some help with the "21" game chip to keep the thing from paying out on every hand dealt I wanted to work on a common problem for both of my Fortune machines...

Both the Poker and the 21 game have the control buttons that light up MOST OF THE TIME.  With a slight tap they light up as they should.  I have gone in from the underside to inspect the plugs in the panel and I have simply pried the square button out from the top.  I cant see anything that prevents the button from making contact all of the time.  Is there an ancient Chinese Secret to consistant performace with these buttons?  Please advise...

Thank you group
Ra

Jim:
Not sure what problem you are having??    buttons do not light up or buttons do not function.     if it is the lamps, you may have to take out the twist and turn socket and clean the internal contact. there is a stop on the bottom of the housing that when it is made flush with the contact will allow the contact to come out of the housing.  if it is the button not responding, then replace the cherry switch, as these switches age they develop a high resistance contact inside the switch.  these are old machines and alot of the contacts have to be cleaned.

Hope this helps

Jim

RiseLikeRa:
Jim:

Thank you for the response.  I am sorry that I was not clear in my original post.  The buttons DO function properly however they DO NOT light up when they are supposed to a great deal of the time.  Perhaps contact cleaner might help.

Ra

Sunrise Side:
Be careful with contact cleaner as it could destroy the plastic switch. The contacts on the bulb and inside the light socket are most likely corroded/oxidized from age. Careful clean the contacts in the lite socket with emery board and scrap the contacts on the light bulb. You may have to bend the contacts slightly on the lite socket but be careful as the brass contacts become brittle from age. Bulbs probably need cleaning of the cigarette  smoke.

RiseLikeRa:
Sunrise:

Thanks for the reply.   Ok no contact cleaner.  I will give the careful hand cleaning method a try.  The problem is most annoying when you first coin up and when the light does not illuminate it does not instruct  the player how to proceed.   I hope it works.  Wish me luck.

Ra

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version