**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally Alpha (Cinevision), and ALL Bally "V___" series - V5000, V2000, V1000, etc.

Question on the 1GB Alpha board

(1/1)

coolwavepic:
Got a 1GB board and have some questions.

The BIOS chip I assume is next to the battery. Its a little longer than normal? I have not received the new BIOS yet as this did not come with one.

Above that is the jurisdiction chip. Right?

But what is that BROWN SOCKET FOR? (see picture)  :Scratch-Head:

777sizzler:
It is not used-stays empty. You are good.  You can also now install another 1gb mem. stick in there and get 2gb!.  You can do that anytime. Forgot,-Sorry yes you are correct the small chip socket is for juristriction and the long one is for your bios.   Once you get it all set up you will really like how much quicker it boots up!. 

coolwavepic:

--- Quote from: 777sizzler on March 27, 2014, 01:16:44 PM ---It is not used-stays empty. You are good.  You can also now install another 1gb mem. stick in there and get 2gb!.  You can do that anytime. Forgot,-Sorry yes you are correct the small chip socket is for juristriction and the long one is for your bios.   Once you get it all set up you will really like how much quicker it boots up!.

--- End quote ---

Hell to the yeah!

When I talked to Bally about the memory thing, they pretty much said the Alpha MPU is like a PC... What type of memory should I look for? I guess I can get a stick at Frys Electronics or does it have to be special?

777sizzler:
Yes, That is also a very good question.  The memory sticks used are specifiec to these boards.  As far as I know Bally used 3-4 diff. manuf. of these. Look at the one you have now and try to match it Exactly.  Patriot made some that would work as well on these.  I know of a few members that bought some 1gb sticks and they would not work in the past.  Since I had/have a pile of these I just pulled one out of my others to double-up to 2gb but I do know the patriots with the exact specs to your orginal will work.  ****Looked at a few others here,  Transcend,unigen,Patriot.  Transcend and unigen more common in the ones from the factory that I see here-Just have to be exact spec wise and they will work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version