Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff > Arcade Games **Video**

Tron video issue

(1/2) > >>

newkid3:
Does anyone know what could cause this? I have changed out the 8 socketed ram on the video board. Reseated the 4 custome ic on the super cpu with no change. I hooked it to another monitor just to make sure. It was the same way so it has to be on the pcb board. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is about to make me pull my hair out. What little i have left.

newkid3:
This is a punch out. Just not the whole screen. It all looks the same.

newkid3:
Anyone have any idea. It is in the text only.

jtwine:
It looks (to me) that the bottom part of the characters is being duplicated.  In my (limited) experience, this is likely a stuck address line.  You could find out what part(s) of the board are responsible for character generation or if specific ROMs have character data, and see if you have an address line that is not toggling like the others, then work your way back to find what is pulling that line down/up, like a bad buffer or multiplexer somewhere.

I do not have the schematics for Tron handy.  Snooping through MAME source code might help a little, too.

Trivia: Tron was my first game. 

newkid3:
Thanks, i sent the board set off and got it repaired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version