General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

The NLG Welcome Wagon

<< < (102/102)

tambam:

--- Quote from: shortrackskater on April 09, 2024, 09:04:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: tambam on April 09, 2024, 04:55:30 AM ---Hi Everyone!

I hope you're all well!  I'm new here and am wanting to buy a slot machine for fun at home.  I'd love to obtain a Willy Wonka Dreamer of Dreams, one day, or a Everi Little Shop of Horrors.  Seems kind of like a pipe dream as I've not seen either on the secondary market, but maybe one day. 

Anyway, just doing research to figure out which machine would be best for games availability. From some quick reading I've gathered that machines can be setup for other games with carts/usbs like arcade machines.  I have a preference for modern games with bonuses.  If you have any reco's please don't hesitate to chime in! 

Cheers,
Tam

Edit:  Totally forgot about the 25+ older law in California.  :EmoticonHelp4:  Guess I can wait a few years until can get a BB1.   :rotfl:

--- End quote ---

:NLG_WELCOME:

Get an IGT Game King!! Older... but plenty of fun games. You can also upgrade from the older 3902 platform to the "044" by swapping out the backplane and the MPU. That gives you a choice of more (slightly) interactive games with bonus rounds. Not quite like what's out there today, but fun nevertheless. My favorite games are Texas Tea and Fortune Cookie. Hopefully some other members may chime in with different ideas.  :yes:

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the welcome!  I watched a couple YT videos on Texas Tea and Fortune Cookie and they look like fun!  :cool_thumb_up:  Looking into the Game King platform now.

I seem to have flubbed up somewhere and can't send PMs.  I forgot to look for a notes section in PayPal to include my handle.  :fryingpan:  :rotfl:

Edit:  PMs might be a post count thing.  The more you read the more you know.  :soapbox_3:

nicksdrive:
New here and new to the slot machines. I just purchased a Ten Times Gold Slot Machine that needs some work. Never worked on anything like this before, but I figured I can figure it out. Its got a "ram error" message, but the battery has power. No key so I installed a button, but after that I found out I need swap the modules and go through a whole slue of things to reset the ram as well. Anyways, here to learn and most likely buy some parts! See ya around!

Tilt:
 :NLG_WELCOME:

It's a IGT S2000 slot machine just in case you didn't know.  You can get through the RAM ERROR message by turning the jackpot reset key on the right side of the machine several times and follow the directions on the screen.  The self test button is located on the MPU board on the bottom of the LEDs.  It will tell you to press and hold that for 2 - 3 seconds and then to close the main door.  This is where you hold your breathe and hope that when you do the message changes to initilaizing.  If it doesn't you likely have a MPU board with a leaky battery that destroyed some of the circuit traces used by the door circuitry.    Read up on Varta battery here and you'll find out all the details you need to know about it.  Hopefully you'll get it back up and running soon!

PowderMaker:
I've been gone for a while, just popping up to take a look around.

Thanks for still being here!

Tilt:
Welcome back!  One of the admins can probably get your original account back if you want to do that, just send one of them a PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version