**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT Fortune II

fortune II wont self test

(1/3) > >>

4ucustom:
I have a fortune II drop in video poker that won't go into self test mode the screen says call attendant and CMOS on the left bottom corner. the machine was working fine, last time I had a problem all I did was a Ram reset but that's not working now any help or thoughts would be appreciated

rokgpsman:
I'm not too familiar with the Fortune II machines but have you checked the battery on the mpu board, make sure it isn't dead or going bad? That battery keeps the CMOS ram data intact. On some machines the battery level is monitored and will cause an error when it gets too low in voltage. Usually they are about 3.6vdc when new. It may be a cylinder type (similar to an AA battery) or it may be coin shaped like a quarter.

4ucustom:
Thanks for the quick reply,  that was about the third thing I checked and it tested at 3.9 volts
 Here's a photo of the screen I got

rokgpsman:
That may be a bad CMOS ram chip, but someone here more familiar with Fortune II can give a better opinion. If you look at your mpu board is the CMOS ram in sockets?

4ucustom:
There's a separate chip on the board where the ramp is that has a bunch of corrosion on it I'll take a picture here but yes the ram is a chip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version