Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators

dbv 145 sg

(1/2) > >>

john7dee:
145 sg dbv in  bally 5500--  has no eprom----what eprom do I need and do you know who has one
thank you
john

john7dee:
does any body know what chip goes in this 145 dbv---surely some one knows
john

rokgpsman:

--- Quote from: john7dee on December 30, 2015, 07:52:02 PM ---does any body know what chip goes in this 145 dbv---surely some one knows
john

--- End quote ---

Looks like a 27c512 eprom in this old one I have. You are aware that the data in the eprom will vary according to which manufacturer of slot machine the DBV is installed into, right? Different slot companies use different comm protocols for the bill validator to "talk" to the mpu board.

john7dee:
the dbv is in a bally 5500

rokgpsman:

--- Quote from: john7dee on December 31, 2015, 03:29:23 AM ---the dbv is in a bally 5500

--- End quote ---
If your question was what chip goes in the DBV-145, it is a 27c512, I thought you wanted to program an eprom and needed to know the part number for the blank eprom.

If you mean what programmed chip goes in the DBV-145 for a Bally 5500 that will be harder to obtain as these bill validators are old and haven't been supported by JCM for many years. There may be a slot vendor that still has a copy of the software, or someone with a similar machine as yours may have a DBV-145 and have the ability to make a copy of the chip or extract the software from it so you can make a programmed chip. Maybe someone here on NLG can give additional advice about that. JCM put a different programmed eprom chip in the DBV head according to which manufacturer of slot machine the DBV was getting installed in. So your Bally machine will need a DBV with Bally style of software in the eprom. This style of software is called the "ID protocol". For Bally machines I think the ID is called "044/045". Looking at the JCM website it appears that the last Bally software for the DBV-145 works with US bills dated 2004 and older. So even if you find the correct chip for your DBV-145 it may only work with the $1 bill.

The DBV-200 model of bill validator head is a direct replacement for the DBV-145, and since it is newer you might be better off finding one of them that already has the correct Bally chip for use with your machine. JCM made several versions of the software over the years as they updated and improved it. So you'd just need to find a DBV-200 with Bally software in it, the newer the software the better. But even then there will be limitations on what paper money it will accept since the US changed all of its bills except for the $1 several years ago and the DBV-200 software was not updated for many of the bills. (it will work with the $1 bill because it was not changed and possibly the $20).

So, while looking for the right chip for your DBV-145 I'd also try looking for a DBV-200 for a Bally slot machine, that may be easier to find. The DBV heads come up for sale on ebay now and then, plus here on NLG. Maybe there is someone here with one available for your machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version