General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

IGT w/o cash can...sort of

(1/2) > >>

Crash0:
Somewhere awhile back i read something about modifying a cash can so it wouldn't have to be pulled in order to feed the machine. My memory is not great, but it sounded like the can got pretty chopped up.
I decided to post how I do this and it comes out pretty clean looking. This may take a couple of post.

1. open bottom of can on the hinge there is a keeper, that needs to be removed. (pic1)
2. take hinge out with pair of pliers should come out pretty easy from side of can. (pic2) set door aside re-install later
3. next drill out both rivets on front of can removing the handle. (pic3)
4. now lift out the spring assembly (might be tight, light prying will get it loose) raise front a little then turn rear 45 to         90 degrees to remove from track. lift whole thing out in one piece. set aside won't be using.(pic4)
5. Front of cash can at the top measure down about 1/4" from the end of the round edge. mark a line across.(pic5)
6. Now cut along the line with a dremel, or whatever you may have to cut it with. (pic6)

Crash0:
continued...

7. Use a screwdriver or other prying tool into line you just cut. give a quick twist, front should come free.(pic7)
8. Reassemble bottom door and hinge (pic8)
9. fire up hot glue gun, run some glue along the edge of door, then close it.(pic9)
10 next i run a bead of hot glue down seam of where door closes and chassis meat. add some around hinges on either side and the hole where hinge goes in. trim it all with razer.

once all done re-install into machine as you normally would. when loading machine all you need to do is drop belly door hold or bypass switch feed the bill grab it re feed it so no opening closing removing and inserting cash cans.
this mod was done on WBA cans others may be similar will look into it soon.
Have fun!!

cowboygames:
That's prety slick, good job! :1:
Now maybe grab a box of cans, convert them and sell them to the members here. Price would depend on cost of cans and your time to do it, but throw a price out there and see if there's interest. The first one always takes the longest, you might find a way to speed up the process and make it lucrative with the "less than mechanically inclined" crowd or the "just don't want to do it myself" crowd. Good luck...

Crash0:

Thank youIt is a pretty quick mod, 10-15min being a former mechanic I have a few tools that make this pretty easy.
A couple things that make this mod even easier, remove cash can housing door, and belly glass door switch. that way can reload w/o any messages. I've done 4 of these for my 2xGK, I-Game, and a vision machine. probably do many more. really works great

Crash0:
Ok finally got around to DBV cash can. there are a couple of differences in how it's done.

1. You want to drill out a total of 6 pop-rivets. 2x for handle, and 4x near the drop door (pic1)
2. Next measure about 1" from top of can down the front. Mark a line all the way across.
    This is where the cut will be made.(pic2) Note: Front of can will have to be worked back and forth in order to remove.
    Tap down any sharp corners once removed. Finish off any sharp edges.
3. Re-install drop door with new pop-rivets.(pic3) (Sorry don't know exact size) Hot glue door edge as before.
4. Finished can (pic4)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version