New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Australian Newbie Seeking Help - Universal 5 reel slot.  (Read 9106 times)

Offline EdgoInAus

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EdgoInAus New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Australian Newbie Seeking Help - Universal 5 reel slot.
« on: November 18, 2018, 08:57:39 PM »
Hi Group, I am a new member to this site and reside in Australia. I have acquired a Universal Slot Machine, it was in storage for about 4 years or so.
I don't know if it was working before this time, but now it doesn't. I am seeking assistance from you guys to help resurrect this machine. I have attached a heap of photos to assist with identifying this game.
The things I know:
Machine powers up.
Lights working except blown globes.
The coin credit display is not working.
I can not read any error codes as it does not light up.
It has a Universal 8116-A2 MPU, but is different to ones I have seen on this site. It has a sub-board, piggy backed, that has the NiCad battery on, with signs of corrosion. The battery has come away at one of the post.
Can I have this damage repaired?
Is it worth repairing?
What would be the process of fixing this machine to get fully operational?
Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:51:18 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Australian Newbie Seeking Help - Universal 5 reel slot.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:10:06 AM »
Have never seen an 8116-A2 on a seven reel Aussie machine. Usually Aussie machines use a different board, cannot remember the board number at the moment.

I would first check the voltages from the power supply. Pink wires are +5vdc, black is ground. 24vdc orange, 12vdc red. 32vdc violet. 
All of these voltages needed to light up the meters.

Other than that I have little to no knowledge of these style machines.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:51:34 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 06:20:10 AM »
Wait a minute, that's a five reel machine! The 8116-A2 can support a five reel machine, I have never seen it in an Aussie machine. Doesn't mean it hasn't been done.
The board looks factory.
So like I said, need to verify voltages. If none there, open that power supply and look for a little black plastic box mounted in there. Believe it should say TOKIN or something like that. It is a noise filter and needs to be removed. They fail all the time and are not needed. In the U.S. they have two wires in and two wires out. Need to jumper the wires after removing filter. (two screws to remove)

typo by OP corrected to 5
~mod
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:53:03 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »
Thanks UNIMAN, I have posted more pics showing power supply & "Tokin" noise filter. I measured the voltages and found the following; Pink wire +5.09 vdc, Orange wires 24.5vdc & 24.4vdc, Red wire 13.06vdc, Violet 34.9vdc.
With regard to the noise filter, if I was to remove it which wires would I join? Wire colours as follows;
Top Left - Brown
Bottom Left - Blue
Top Right - Brown
Bottom Right - White.
I have found that the nicad battery has leaked and corroded the sub-board it is mounted on, I will try to clean & replace the battery

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »

If you have good voltages then no reason to remove noise filter just yet.

Try changing the battery as you said, make sure it's  Nicd.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

The noise filter usually either works or totally fails resulting in no DC voltages. Since you have good voltages the filter is ok right now.

If you ever remove it, connect wire IN #1 to Wire OUT #3, and then connect wire IN #2 to wire OUT #4.

See what happens after a battery change.

Also, on the mpu board there is a small black button for RAM reset. Press that button while turning on the machine and it clears any corrupted RAM.

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »

If you have good voltages then no reason to remove noise filter just yet.

Try changing the battery as you said, make sure it's  Nicd.

I am having troubles finding Ni cd batteries here in Sydney. Is this a suitable substitute?

VARTA
Rechargeable Battery, Single Cell, 3.6 V, Nickel Metal Hydride, 40 mAh, PCB Pins, 12.5 mm
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:26:11 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Hondaz5o

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Hondaz5o New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »
Hi Mate
I am also in Aus and it looks like we both have the same problem, I am going to have a go and making the small  board and fitting a new battery to it as mine is pretty stuffed and I think I should be able to copy it, I got my battery at Jaycar mine don't seem to be nicad so I hope thats not an issue, I will post a couple of photos and keep in contact and see if we can work through getting both our machines going cheers

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »
G'Day Honda,
Thank you for your feed back as well. Yes good idea keeping in contact. I am going to try and source a battery (Nicad) from a local manufacturer, I will let you know details, if successful.
Cheers

Offline Hondaz5o

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:31 PM »
Happy NY Mate
I have found a guy that works on the boards so am hoping to take the board to him in the next day or 2 so I will ask him about the battery's also and let you know, thanks

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »
Happy NY Mate
I have found a guy that works on the boards so am hoping to take the board to him in the next day or 2 so I will ask him about the battery's also and let you know, thanks
Happy New Year to you too Honda,
Fantastic news, what part of the country do you reside? I'm in Liverpool S/W Sydney NSW. Thanks for the update.

Offline Hondaz5o

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 03:37:05 AM »
Hi Mate
I am on the Gold Coast, good news I took the board to have it looked at and it was damaged from the acid from the battery, so he fixed it and I have installed it back in the machine which now seems to be working when I say working is it seems to be self setting it's self so have just left the door open and letting it do it's thing, not 100% sure if that's what your meant to do or not so will probably ask on here 

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 07:35:34 PM »
G'Day Honda,
What's the latest on your machine? Did it reset it's self and is it operational? Can't wait to hear.
Cheers Mate

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 10:16:30 PM »
Hi Mate
I am on the Gold Coast, good news I took the board to have it looked at and it was damaged from the acid from the battery, so he fixed it and I have installed it back in the machine which now seems to be working when I say working is it seems to be self setting it's self so have just left the door open and letting it do it's thing, not 100% sure if that's what your meant to do or not so will probably ask on here
Just a quick question Honda,
What did the repairs cost for the battery board?
Was it a full replacement/remake of the board?
Would he repair or replace my damaged board?

Offline Hondaz5o

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 03:15:55 AM »
Hi Mate
Machine still not going :( it seems to boot and the coin mec makes some noise and the reels move a small amount but it does not go into play mode, will have to do some more info finding on here, it was not cheap to have him look at the board and also fix some of the damaged parts $200 in total

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 04:50:32 PM »
Hi Mate
Machine still not going :( it seems to boot and the coin mec makes some noise and the reels move a small amount but it does not go into play mode, will have to do some more info finding on here, it was not cheap to have him look at the board and also fix some of the damaged parts $200 in total
Hi Honda,
Is the credit display illuminated, or showing an error code?
Have you done a system reset?
Are all the voltages correct?

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 04:56:56 PM »
Hi Honda
More info: On the mpu board there is a small black button for RAM reset. Press that button while turning on the machine and it clears any corrupted RAM.

Offline Hondaz5o

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 11:54:03 PM »
Hi Mate
I was aware of the reset and have already tried that, the other little black box in the machine with the printer and the 4 number display on the front is your one plugged in or disconnected? I have not tested the power output as not 100% sure I know what I am doing to do that and dont want to damage anything including myself lol

Offline EdgoInAus

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 12:34:06 AM »
Hi Mate
I was aware of the reset and have already tried that, the other little black box in the machine with the printer and the 4 number display on the front is your one plugged in or disconnected? I have not tested the power output as not 100% sure I know what I am doing to do that and dont want to damage anything including myself lol
Hi Honda,
When I got my machine the printer was disconnected, but saying that, my machine is not working.

Offline Hondaz5o

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 12:42:15 AM »
Sent you a personal message

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal