New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Power supply issues  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Sawyer10702

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sawyer10702 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Power supply issues
« on: August 21, 2020, 06:20:47 PM »
Hey gentleman,
My power Supply has taken a blow my pink wire 5vdc for cpu only reads 4.2 vdc not enough to wake up the c pu so I used a switching power supply 5vdc and it works. My question anyone have a update for rectifiers ?? And the transistor out side on top of power supply? Thanks I'm advance for any help

Offline KaPH33n

• Reputation Power: 4
  • KaPH33n New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Power supply issues
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »
TOPIC SPLIT. For future, please don't add to different threads/different subjects. Simply start a new thread.
~moderator

I would say we should try to diagnose what's wrong with your power supply as that will be a better fix in the long term in my opinion. As opposed to having two power supplies dependency. Can you take pictures of the components you are talking about? Not sure which rectifiers you are talking about.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:18:33 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Sawyer10702

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 06:17:40 PM »
I should have mentioned the bridge rectifiers! I have all the parts already I'm going to replace caps: 22000if 50v, 6800if 50v, 10000if 50v those are all the big caps. 1000if 50v small cap these are all 105degrees caps not 85 which was original. I'm going to replace the 5vdc 4amp voltage regulator along with the two 0.33uf tetalon caps for voltage regulator. I'll probably use some heat sink paste for bridge rectifiers. I checked trans former input and out puts they check out. I've removed the filter years ago when I first for machine that was no good why it wasn't working. I will give update on how it goes. One thing to mention it the grounds on the voltage regulator went making good connections this won't be good for voltage regulator when lowering up. Thanks please ask any questions we can all learn from this and get our machines back up and running sometimes people feel discouraged going into the power supply for the newbies but becareful some of those big caps put out a punch you can short them with a screwdriver or crocodile clip from positive to ground on chasis. B E careful when going inside and don't forget to unplug it.

Offline KaPH33n

• Reputation Power: 4
  • KaPH33n New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 06:24:16 PM »
I am not positive but I assume your bridge is rectified since you have DC output at 4.2 volts. I would agree with you the caps probably need replacing, but I suspect the 5v voltage regulator more. 105 degree caps are better than 85 degree ones and won't give you a problem.

Offline Sawyer10702

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 10:57:30 PM »
I will post how it works out! Thanks for reply I should have it up working soon. I forgot to mention probably a good sign that the voltage regulator is degrading the p/s is to hot to touch.with hand like seriously burn it!

Offline Sawyer10702

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 06:08:47 PM »
So I have installed all new caps, including the small 0.33 uf on the voltage regulater. Note these also have a positive/negative legs. I've also replaced the voltage regulator. The blue wire that on one of the legs of the voltage regulator goes to one of the bridge rectifiers which supply 5vdc to the cpu is also bad the diodes inside are giving a ohms reading for both ways. So I'm waiting on a 8amp, 400v bridge rectifier to come in post has soon has that is replaced it should be working will test before I install it on machine! I purchased some of my caps from arcadeparts&Repair he had the 1000if snap on cap for cheaper and also be had 1000if and 6200uf all 50v so if your looking to rebuild your power supply. If your unit is getting hot check that rectifier with blue wire from voltage regulator. I guess there's not much action on the universal slot these days ??

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal