New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal slot help Y90 Double eagles machine problems. Can't find info  (Read 1875 times)

Offline jhamelton

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jhamelton New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi all. Very new to the slot thing and its not going well so far. lol. Having a hard time finding any info on this slot. It flashes error codes 13, 21, and 50 immediatly after turning on or resetting. It will not take coins. I have tried hitting the test button inside and it does nothing. Anyone have any into on this thing or did i buy a boat anchor? I did take the coin comparitor and optics assembly apart and cleaned everything in there, no help. Any help is super appreciated.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: Universal slot help Y90 Double eagles machine problems. Can't find info
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 06:39:21 PM »
i would think you were looking in the right area. I believe 21 is coin jam, 50 is door open, and 13 is power interrupted. Hopefully a Universal expert can chime in.  I have had similar issues with Ballys, and the holes in the optic block had a bit of lint. I did see that you cleaned everything though.   a procedure is shown in the pic below

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 10:26:45 PM »
Got it figured out. I swapped reels one and two and the code moved to a reel two code so it appears I need a new stepper motor for that reel. The number on the motor is HB5718BA. Anyone know where I could get one? 

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 08:33:37 PM »
So you say errors 13, 21, and 50. Then you say error moves with the reels???

Makes no sense unless you had errors 41 and 42.

Error 13 and 50 at startup is normal. Error 21 is not and causes a tilt. Error 21 is a dirty optic below the comparator or a failed optic.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 09:06:25 AM »
Got it figured out. I swapped reels one and two and the code moved to a reel two code so it appears I need a new stepper motor for that reel. The number on the motor is HB5718BA. Anyone know where I could tems.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 09:24:05 AM by Badbaud »
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 10:25:20 PM »
sorry. been sick a few days and havent got on here. No, i have nothing figured out on this. lol. That reply was supposed to go on another post i have about a sigma machine  :arrowthruhead: perfect reason why i should only work on one at a time. Still stumped on this one

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 10:28:23 PM »
So you say errors 13, 21, and 50. Then you say error moves with the reels???

Makes no sense unless you had errors 41 and 42.

Error 13 and 50 at startup is normal. Error 21 is not and causes a tilt. Error 21 is a dirty optic below the comparator or a failed optic.

okay. good to hear that i only have one error code. all three optics work going by the red light. light is off, something blocks it, red light comes on. is there any way to just bypass all this and make credits or something? This is just going to be a dust collector in my office that i play for fun every now and then. lol

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 10:07:14 AM »
The two optics just below the comparator are the ones that matter. That third optic is only used to count coins deflected to a bucket that would be located in the slot stand. That third optic generates no errors and can be removed.

The two optics below the comparator generate a low/high signal to the mpu. If you get error 21 on STARTUP that means the mpu sees no signal or a mixed signal from one or both optics. Sometimes it's just a piece of debris in the optics and sometimes one is just bad.

The good news is you can remove that third optic and use it to replace one of the two under the comparator. Then see if you can clear the error. If not, then swap it on the other optic.

Chances are one optic is bad even though it appears to function. I have been able to solve this problem with the optic swap many times. Just have to hope one optic is bad and that third optic is good. Usually the case.

TRY IT AND LET US KNOW.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 10:32:14 AM by UNIMAN »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 10:22:00 AM »
Some more....

Looking at your pic of the inside of the door, on the upper optic the connector on it looks like it's not plugged in all the way.
Also what are those two yellow barrels on wires near the optics, thought they were wire nuts but now not sure?

Anyways try the swap first.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal