Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy > Other Hobbies and Interests

Pinball, pinball, pinball

(1/3) > >>

nibre:
I used to have 26 pinball machines but now I only have 12. It was a painful process of selling games.

My favorite eras in pinball are:

1. 1979-1981 with great games like Fathom, Centaur, Paragon, Xenon, Elektra, Embryon and others.

2. The 90s: Theatre of Magic, The Addams Family, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Doctor Who, Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone and many more.

Chris-socal:
I have a Xenon, Black Knight and Twister. I would find it very difficult to part with just one. It must have been very difficult to pare down a big collection. I would love to add Addams Family but they are prohibitively expensive now.

Chris

ScottyK:
I currently own 4 machines, with a fifth on the way.  Twilight Zone, Batman '66, The Beatles Platinum, and Godzilla Premium are in the house; The Big Lebowski is due any day now.

jay:
If you had to pick one manufacturer who would it be .... Stearns, Williams, Gotlib, Others ?

I own a Williams Diner and find it very enduring. I played a Pirates of the Carribean at a bar a few months ago and though that one was a lot of fun. I did observe that there was a lot of moving parts which makes me a bit nervous for home ownership.

playklax01:
Had a variety of pinball machines over the years, before I got divorced and we had to let the house go.  Still a major fan and go play them when I can find them.  My favorite was a Williams Whirlwind I had for many years, put a lot of time and effort into it, restoring it to the best version of itself possible. 

Today's pinball (Stern anyway) for home use I wouldn't recommend, unless you're relatively well off.  Besides the initial cost, the warranty period is only 2 months (9 months for the displays).  The guts are really no longer user fixable like the old ones.  Now it's all surface mounted components, so unless you're a wiz with steady hands, you'll need to purchase new boards if something goes bad.  And everything is on separate boards now with a node architecture.  So if a node reports as bad, you'll need a new one at a cost anywhere from $80-$500.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version