**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > WMS Reel Games

Fooler or no Fooler???

<< < (2/2)

rickhunter:
BB2 wms toppers have not foolers on them, unless you have on of the "star" toppers that were used on some transmissive slot games.  Standard toppers don't have any hardware other than leds and supporting circuitry.  The topper has no interaction with the game.  Your friend probably has a fooler board somewhere.  The newer foolers are relatively small (about 2x4 inches) and typically have a 6 pin power and 24 pin molex connector for data.  You can't run the LOTR game depicted without a fooler as far as I know.

Pinaddicted:

--- Quote from: rickhunter on March 08, 2024, 09:16:39 AM ---BB2 wms toppers have not foolers on them, unless you have on of the "star" toppers that were used on some transmissive slot games.  Standard toppers don't have any hardware other than leds and supporting circuitry.
--- End quote ---

Rick

You may have answered the "Million Dollar Question" Do you take Monopoly money???   :24:

His BB2e was originally a transmissive machine, it has the pull handle on the side. He must have one of the "STAR" toppers that you mentioned.

The mystery may have been solved...  :yes:

Pinaddicted:

--- Quote from: rickhunter on March 08, 2024, 09:16:39 AM ---BB2 wms toppers have not foolers on them, unless you have on of the "star" toppers that were used on some transmissive slot games.  Standard toppers don't have any hardware other than leds and supporting circuitry.  The topper has no interaction with the game.  Your friend probably has a fooler board somewhere.  The newer foolers are relatively small (about 2x4 inches) and typically have a 6 pin power and 24 pin molex connector for data.  You can't run the LOTR game depicted without a fooler as far as I know.

--- End quote ---

Rick

The "star" topper that you mentioned... is it named for its physical shape or another reason?

The topper that I was referencing earlier looks like a standard WMS oval topper, except is has a circuit board inside marked "RGB Marquee Controller"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version