New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ceronix 1492  (Read 2033 times)

Offline ergerlach

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ergerlach New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Ceronix 1492
« on: February 26, 2022, 02:46:57 PM »
I have a IGT poker game that I believe the screen is the issue. I browsed this forum and nothing really related exactly to my problem. When the machine is on lights power up except no screen or button lights. I also have no audio. My candle light is flashing constantly. I may be wrong but can the screen be causing all of this? I have checked the fuses and I have changed the battery already. What do I look at first on the screen? do I just go ahead and change the caps out? Do I not even mess with it and buy an LCD? Do I just send it to a shop?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Ceronix 1492
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 09:28:39 PM »
I would change the caps 1st.

LCD replacement is good if you are going to keep it, they are a bit expensive in my opinion but look great.

If you need caps, PM me I have them. I can replace them, but other members can do it and test it better than I can at this time.

Here is a link I did with the cap info and picture of the board.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=31351.msg171185#msg171185
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline ergerlach

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 05:55:58 AM »
Tony,
I will definitely be using that guide to replace the caps. Do you have an overall cap list and any suggestions on where to buy the caps? Also I plan on keeping this machine any advice on switching to LCD and what route to go?

Offline tomterlec

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • tomterlec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 09:13:06 AM »
You can buy a cap kit from arcadepartsandrepair.com.

Ceronix 1492 13″ Series Monitor Cap Kit 105C Nichicon

Tom

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 09:19:32 AM »
Ceronix makes a drop in replacement LCD for it.  They're getting $$$ these days, but here it is:

https://www.ceronix.com/product/cpa3003/

Offline ergerlach

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 09:52:37 AM »
Im going to spend a little bit of money on a cap kit and try to fix it via that. If not I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the LCD.

Offline Chris-socal

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 07:07:32 AM »
I don’t want to derail this conversation but based on earlier posts you are new to this equipment. Please take a little time and learn how to properly handle a CRT as well as discharge the tube. I have had CRTs go into immediate shutdown but fully charge the tube in that instant. It must be discharged before you remove the anode cap.
Also, there are only a few capacitors that would cause the CRT to fail completely. Don’t be disappointed if you install a cap kit and it still doesn’t work. There are transistors that go out that are more likely to cause total failure or HV shut down, whichever is happening.
There is also the flyback, which is very difficult to find for Ceronix. Do a visual inspection and look for obvious burn through.

Most of all, have fun!

Chris

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 09:33:23 AM »
I agree with Chris on understanding CRT repair. I can help with that too. I can also do a cap kit - at a much reduced cost if you are interested. I am a hobbyist, not a business. I enjoy helping where I can.  I understand businesses need to feed their families too...

PM me if have not already.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline ergerlach

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 01:27:01 PM »
Well, cap kit is completely installed and now I have a sign of life! but still not working. Screen flashes and I hear static when powering the machine and then nothing, attempted to adjust the pot knobs to hopefully get something to change. Still nothing. If any of you have a suggestion on what to look for next let me know. If not I may bite the bullet and order the LCD. and hopefully that will fix it.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 01:45:04 PM »
When you say you hear static, is it arcing or static on the face of the tube, like when seeing if the high voltage is on, you place the back of your hand on/near it to see if the hair stands up? With just a flash, that doesn't tell us much. If you have static 'electrical arcing' that is bad.
Tony

Offline ergerlach

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 02:02:19 PM »
okay it is 100% arcing then lol the sounds are not pretty. when getting my hand near the tube I feel nothing.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 02:17:48 PM »
Yep I was afraid so. Double check your work. Be sure you trimmed all the cap leads. See if you can see anything obvious,  arc mark somewhere?
Tony

Offline ergerlach

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 02:33:55 PM »
double checked my work. almost sounds like the arcing is coming from the tube assembly itself. this tube is very old as well. I cleaned the entire board and all my caps are in good shape (verfied uF with cap meter.)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 02:54:52 PM »
Could be the tube, but there are a few devices that could cause any of a number of problems.  Kind of just depends how much time and parts you want to try and invest in.
Tony

Offline Chris-socal

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 05:44:56 AM »
If you hear static,  that is a good sign, it means you have functioning HV circuits, even if just for a second before HV shuts down. That doesn’t mean its easy or quick to fix but at least you know the HV portion of the circuit is running.. That really is a good thing because the flybacks for those are almost impossible to find anymore. 
I have heard that Ceronix Flybacks have a tendency to arc, beware of making adjustments to the flyback  when it is plugged in.
Can you turn off the lights and see where the arcing is coming from?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal