New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ceronix 1793 help please  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Ceronix 1793 help please
« on: January 01, 2023, 03:10:47 PM »
I have been goofing around with this monitor a few years and now need to get it going, on the bench the unit has no HV, some of what was done so far

All caps replaced
Vert IC replaced
few of the other ics swapped from another 93 chassis
The manual for these things arent the best they more explain how it works not really help you trouble shoot. anyone who can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I am sure im really close on this one at this point from what I remember I think it used to tick it no longer does that so I am either moving forward or backwards. I hear the relay when I power it up just no hiv to the secondary

Thanks guys

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Re: Ceronix 1793 help please
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 04:44:01 PM »
only thing i havent changed is the la7851 im going to try that next

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:16:56 AM »
I don’t think LM7851 will help get HV.
Did you replace the HOT?
I couldn't find a troubleshooting chart for this monitor like the 1492. There is a resistor and a diode that is known to fry on those without any visible indication.
Check all traces and solder joints very closely. They didn’t use the best foil on these and it can separate at the edge of the solder after years of use.
There is also the possibility that the flyback is dead.

Offline Richard S

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Richard S New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 01:18:39 PM »
I'm curious if you were able to fix this chassis.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 01:25:51 PM »
Since last time I posted I changed the HOT, still no Hv … I noticed hot is not pulsing and the control circuit for the transformer that controls it is not getting power, however the 7812 is good tested out of chassis. That’s as far as I am right now it’s sitting there with the 7812 still out

Offline Richard S

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 02:28:09 PM »
Do you have the XX93 service manual? It is a great resource for circuit descriptions and servicing information.
https://www.ceronix.com/dlfiles/manuals/XX93_SVCMAN.pdf

Start with the power supply section.

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 10:10:58 PM »
When you say you aren’t getting HV do you mean B+ or are you talking about the second anode on the tube?

Its possible the monitor is going into shut down immediately upon power up. Do you hear anything? Listen closely, do you hear a faint chirping?
Im sure the manual would say where you test B+, you mentioned 7812, are you getting voltage into the 7812? It would probably be 14 or 16v, if there is a schematic in the manual find 7812 and see where it gets its power. Some monitors get their 16v from the flyback. See where this is going? :)

Editing: I am not an expert but looking at the block diagram there is an important section. See my attached image and highlights, the entire power circuit  is governed by a protective watchdog, if any of those checks are out of tolerance the power circuits will be shut down. All CRTs have them to prevent giving the user an unexpected xray.
It is possible the flyback is bad and causing all of these issues. My suggestion is to check every diode, check all transistors for shorts. If none, you are running out of components. If you are not getting 16v into the 7812 its probably in shut down. You could hook up a meter and see if you get momentary power before it shuts down. You might also try removing the flyback and see if DC voltage comes on.
Just remember to discharge the anode before you pull it. You could technically unsolder the flyback and leave the anode cup attached.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 10:33:13 PM by Chris-socal »

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 10:36:40 PM »
You are very lucky, there is a COT1558 flyback on ebay for $40, you should buy it. Even if it isn’t bad now it will go out some day.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2023, 02:48:55 PM »
You are very lucky, there is a COT1558 flyback on ebay for $40, you should buy it. Even if it isn’t bad now it will go out some day.
new fly installed still No HI V

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2023, 04:02:13 PM »
But you have B+?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
I have three of these on brand new boards, never crossed them over to see what else they could be used for, if nothing else, a ton of electronic parts for someone who repairs chassis??

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Richard S

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2023, 11:04:47 AM »
I have three of these on brand new boards, never crossed them over to see what else they could be used for, if nothing else, a ton of electronic parts for someone who repairs chassis??

Jim

Jim,
Which chassis (make/model) are those boards?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2023, 05:40:44 PM »
these are brand new, people at Ceronix said to convert to 115vac you have to remove two diodes. I am sure they can help if asked.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal