New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Topper connections...fluorescent light...where to plug in?  (Read 22678 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Topper connections...fluorescent light...where to plug in?
« on: June 21, 2015, 10:39:02 PM »
Hey guys,

I just finished installing a topper on my BB1.  The candle lights up, the chaser lights light up, and the fluorescent light will light up.  The problem with the fluorescent though, is that I have to unplug the top box fluorescent light from port J.  So I can have either the fluorescent light for the topper or the florescent light for the top box.  I don't see another 5 connector molex port on the distribution board in the top box.  Where can I plug in the florescent lights for both?  Is there another port somewhere? 

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:09:18 AM by Ron (r273) »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Topper fluorescent light...where to plug in?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:50:10 PM »
Nevermind guys.  I found a splitter with a 3 plug molex in the topper.  Just so happened that I had a cable kit that I bought from Rudy's that had this cable with it.  I ran it through the topper and down to the top box and connected it to the 3 port plug (unswitched AC I think).  Anyway, everything is working like a champ now.

Let me say this...WMS toppers are a PITA compared to the IGT toppers.  The cool thing though is that they have a remote with 4 different settings.  Dancing lights bright or dim, and solid lights bright or dim. 

They are sexy when they are set up!

Jason

Offline Krusher

• Jack of all trades
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Krusher New User has no influence.
  • Insert Personal text here.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:05:10 AM »
Some pics or video? Would like to see this. Sounds cool by the description.
Nevermind guys.  I found a splitter with a 3 plug molex in the topper.  Just so happened that I had a cable kit that I bought from Rudy's that had this cable with it.  I ran it through the topper and down to the top box and connected it to the 3 port plug (unswitched AC I think).  Anyway, everything is working like a champ now.

Let me say this...WMS toppers are a PITA compared to the IGT toppers.  The cool thing though is that they have a remote with 4 different settings.  Dancing lights bright or dim, and solid lights bright or dim. 

They are sexy when they are set up!

Jason
looking for IGI cds and eproms. Bally EVO discs and eproms as well

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 03:10:49 AM »
I can't get my led lights to work. Any suggestions?
-------
Charles

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:52:16 AM »
Yes, pictures/video please !

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »
Ok, here are a couple of photos and a video of what it looks like.  I didn't get a picture with the insert off to show what's inside the topper, but the cables that come out of it should match up with the ports on the distribution board.  In fact, I don't think any of them are the same, so it shouldn't be a way to mix anything up. 

A couple of questions for those having issues...

Is the LED ring connected internally and is it known to work properly?  When I was testing mine, I was thinking the top candle didn't work at all and that I missed a plug or something wasn't connected right.  After taking the candle apart, the bulbs were smoked.  Replaced the bulbs and wallah!  Like I said, the fluorescent lights in the top box and topper had the same plug and I could only run one or the other.  Then I looked in the topper and found the pigtail that allowed me to connect another 3 plug cable that I had and and run it to the unswitched AC plug on the distribution board. 

<a href="http://youtu.be/H2Y2253TriY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/H2Y2253TriY</a>

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:13:56 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
Re: Topper connections...fluorescent light...where to plug in?
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »
Here's a full body shot with the topper installed.

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:57:10 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »
Looks good Jason! I figure out that my LEDs weren't connected in mine.

But, what is this remote you are talking about?
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »
Looks good Jason! I figure out that my LEDs weren't connected in mine.

But, what is this remote you are talking about?

Thanks Charles.  Glad you got it connected up! 

So inside of the topper, there is a small black rectangular box that has a small button on it.  When I push it, it will turn LEDs on solid either bright or dim.  It will also cycle the LEDs either bright or dim.  I select cycle and bright.  If I left it on one of the other settings, I'm not sure if it would stick.  Perhaps it's a diagnostics tool to test the LED ring?

Also, I was wondering what you guys use as the cap underneath the topper on top glass chrome.  Is it a special cap when a topper is installed?  I just dismantled a candle and use the base as the cap. Is that right?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »
That's a nice looking machine Jason!
The topper really finishes it off nicely!  :cool_thumb_up:

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 09:05:23 PM »
That's a nice looking machine Jason!
The topper really finishes it off nicely!  :cool_thumb_up:

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks Jim.  Just waiting on my Mastercom chips.  Once I get those back, it's a wrap for the BB1.  Then it's on to kits.  ;)

Jason

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 11:33:11 PM »
Yes, On the chrome top there is suppose to be a "dummy" cover which I guess helps support the topper on the front end. I haven't gotten that far in mine.

So since I have a Ceronix monitor and SPN hardware, I ran my molex from the SPN to the TOP BOX port... I then ran the LED connection from the topper to the SPN board. It works and I don't think that should be a problem.... right?

Here is my setup....

-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 11:42:19 PM »
Yes, On the chrome top there is suppose to be a "dummy" cover which I guess helps support the topper on the front end. I haven't gotten that far in mine.

So since I have a Ceronix monitor and SPN hardware, I ran my molex from the SPN to the TOP BOX port... I then ran the LED connection from the topper to the SPN board. It works and I don't think that should be a problem.... right?

Here is my setup....

If there is an actual WMS "dummy cover", I might put up a WTB for one.  Not sure though...the base of an old candle fits the bill pretty well. 

If the machine is lighting up and you don't smell any smoke, I would think all is well.  That's a sharp looking game!

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 12:36:57 AM »
To close the loop further on this topic, I had a couple of LEDs start to flicker on the topper ring, so while soldering a few points, I figured this would be a great time to get a couple of photos and some video of the switch that I was talking about.  The LEDs are back to normal btw...cold joints I guess.

<a href="http://youtu.be/1kXYoKiMiOU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/1kXYoKiMiOU</a>

Thanks,
Jason

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 12:50:17 AM »
How many steps does that button have?

BRIGHT all on, bright changing...ect?
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 01:00:04 AM »
How many steps does that button have?

BRIGHT all on, bright changing...ect?

1.  Bright solid
2.  Dim solid
3.  Bright cycle
4.  Dim cycle

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
The other box with the wires around it appears to be a ferrite bead.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rydiez

• Reputation Power: 8
  • rydiez New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 08:55:53 PM »
So I just got a topper for my GoldFish 2 BB. I plugged the 8pin molex into the H port, the only 8 pin molex port in the top box. The topper functioned perfectly, however, the light in my Animator was not turning on. It too is powered by an 8 pin molex but I don't see anywhere else to plug it into. So I unplugged the topper 8 pin and plugged the Animator 8 pin back in.

So at the moment I have my animator lit and functioning perfectly, but the only topper's fluorescent bulb is lit. The LED chasers are not.

Where is there another 8pin port to plug my topper into??

PS what a pain!!!!! My alpha topper was a 5 minute piece of cake, this thing is a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 01:11:24 PM »
So I just got a topper for my GoldFish 2 BB. I plugged the 8pin molex into the H port, the only 8 pin molex port in the top box. The topper functioned perfectly, however, the light in my Animator was not turning on. It too is powered by an 8 pin molex but I don't see anywhere else to plug it into. So I unplugged the topper 8 pin and plugged the Animator 8 pin back in.

So at the moment I have my animator lit and functioning perfectly, but the only topper's fluorescent bulb is lit. The LED chasers are not.

Where is there another 8pin port to plug my topper into??

PS what a pain!!!!! My alpha topper was a 5 minute piece of cake, this thing is a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you need a Y splitter so that the animator and the topper can both plug into the H port at the same time.

Put up a WTB in the classified section and you should get some responses.

Thanks,
Jason

Reminder Note: You have to be a Contributing Member to post in the Classifieds.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:48:40 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rydiez

• Reputation Power: 8
  • rydiez New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response. Do you have a particular member I can reach out to? I can't seem to make post in the Classifieds section.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal