New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My slot machine refuses to work...  (Read 3778 times)

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
My slot machine refuses to work...
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »
I have an 3 reel IGT series M 1986 slot machine and it use to work, Now when I start the machine up the reels don’t even spin anymore and goes straight to Tillt Mode

The problem use to clear by opening and closing the door a few times and now that won’t even help any more , A few months ago the reels would cyle  upon start up then go into tilt mode (Now the reels don’t even spin as mentioned above) Thank you for time :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Z-6b6Rysc
Slot Machines and more slot machines! Instagram: @itsaslotmachine

My latest adventure:
https://m.facebook.com/AnAtypicalGirl/

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
Re: My slot machine refuses to work...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:10:19 PM »
Do you need more information such as chip numbers? Close up photos of the inside such as wire connections, reel machanics, and door optics? Thank you

My latest adventure:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »
Do you know how to remove the reel assembly?  The machines originally had cork cam followers on the reel kickers that deteriorate over time and will cause reel spin problems.  The flexible printed circuit board connections on the reel kickers can crack where it's soldered and cause problems as well.  Here's a link to the old board that shows some pictures/discussion of the cork followers and reel kickers:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2374.msg33645#msg33645

Do you have the reset key for your machine?  When you get an error that says "Tilt Call Attendent" you can turn the key and it will tell you the reason for the tilt (Reel 1 - No Spin, Reel 1 - Too Slow, etc).  That can be helpful in narrowing it down to a particular reel.  The reel kickers can be moved from one slot to another too, so if you're having a problem with reel 1 your can move it to reel 2 and see if the follows the reel kicker.

In the video it seems like your door optics may not be lined up correctly.  When you open and close the door after a tilt it should stop and try to respin the reels each time.  Yours didn't always do that.

If you don't have a copy of the manual for the M slot you can download it here:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=13720.msg73860#msg73860

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
Thank you so much and I do not have a reset key, Where can I find one?

And how do I clean optic sensors?

Where’s the molex / optic sensor connection inside the door? I’m so lost

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 05:43:49 PM »
Some close up pics of the inside around the optic sensor, One last question, How do I re-aline the topic sensors if I need to?

My latest adventure:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »
I just use a Q-tip with a bit of glass cleaner on it to clean the optics.  You can loosen the mounting screws and move them some if you need to.  Probably the most important thing is to make sure the latch is all the way down.  Mine sometimes sticks if I don't push it down (S2000's seem to do it too). 

I'm not sure if all the reset keys were the same for the M-slot or not.  Mine was not a 2341 key like most all slot machines have.  I got lucky and found an old desk drawer key that happened to work with it. 

Did you remove your reel assembly and look at the cam followers?

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »
Thank you and ill do that to clean the optic sensor, I'll try moving the optic sensor around until it works and see if the latch is going all the way down, I'll remove the reel assembly and look at the cam followers

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 10:17:17 AM »
Good news: Turns out the optic sensor needed cleaning and I needed to apply more pressure to the door’s rim when closing the door, I also found that I needed to jiggle the latch downwards until the told cleared when the door was closed, Thank you so much for all of your help and support :)

My latest adventure:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »
Great!  Glad it was a simple fix.  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal