New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 809 zero reset  (Read 711 times)

Offline Notslotenough

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Notslotenough New User has no influence.
  • NLG
809 zero reset
« on: March 31, 2023, 06:08:32 PM »
Hello slot folks. am working on a 809 that has an inconsistent pay. for an example 2 cherry's that should pay 10, I get 4, I'll pull the hopper, reset the lever to reset, push hopper back in, and I'll get another 6 coins. No problem with 3 oranges or other awards. Do have a problem with 3 plums, no pay, went thru all the Bally's trouble shooting Q &A ,but still think it's the hopper PO board. The ZERO switch does not seem to be resetting ,only works properly after manually resetting

Offline Pinballwizard55

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Pinballwizard55 New User has no influence.
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: 809 zero reset
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 07:14:40 PM »
Make sure board is clean all around. also check plug connection between hopper and cabinet as well as top box plug connections.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:56:20 PM »
I'll pull the hopper, reset the lever to reset, push hopper back in, and I'll get another 6 coins.

reset the lever ... what lever? 

yanking and reinstalling the hopper ... or just jiggling the hopper ... and making a pay continue implies a plug connection problem.

assuming the game has a typical payout schedule for an 809, you'd want to get pays for single coin play working first.  That'll take care of payout counter and hopper plug issues.   

posting a pic of the entire front of the game is always helpful since payouts do vary on 809 models.

after getting single coin pays all working, payout problems with multiple coins played would most likely be the odds unit and the multiplier units in the top compartment.

a plum pay is wire 41 going to the 14 trace on the payout counter.  You can pull the reel mech and verify almost zero ohms between wire 90 on reel 3 and wire 41 on reel 1 when you have PL-PL-PL.  If you have almost zero ohms, it's probably not an issue in the reel wipers.

if you want, you can check for zero ohms from wire 90 on reel 3 to wire 41 on the payout counter to eliminate plug connection issues - if you can clip probes or jumper wires to 90 and 41 and shove the units back in the cabinet (game power off when measuring ohms).

Offline Notslotenough

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 03:26:52 PM »
Thanks will start the check on single pays

Offline Notslotenough

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 03:29:52 PM »
This is the lever I reset

Offline Notslotenough

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 04:27:58 PM »
I see where this is taking me ,Thank you !
Working out my singles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal