**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

How to load/play Ghostbusters, no UC or IPC required!

<< < (2/3) > >>

sccarlso:
That was my first thought.

But the PSR says the bonus server needs 2GB & the game needs 4GB.
And the “client” of course states it can be the only game.

Also both the bonus server & game output to the AVPs primary monitor, and have separate audio tracks.
Not sure if they’d contend for the same display if together.
And the bonus server is a 001 title, the game is an 002 SMLD title.

But I’d know right away.  If the 001 bonus server loader file doesn’t even display when trying to load that 001 title on an SMLD machine or not.  The bonus server is as big as the game title loader, but likely has code that’s as simple as code for a BB1 TSE box!  lol.  Its size is likely only from video clips it plays.

I can try, that’s easy enough to test!

It would be great if both could run off one 660 brainbox.  😁
Not optimistic, but there are certainly cases where just because they say don’t do it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done.  😜

If only the bonus server could load & run off a plain basic PC, that would really be great!  lol

I played this actual exact game in Sydney Australia like 5 years ago.  And it had a bank of 4 SMLD machines in a row, with a single big display above them showing part of the bonus & other video for the client machines.  If any hit a bonus it locks to that machine until the bonus is complete.  If another hits a bonus during that time, their client machine waits to start its bonus until the other is complete.

I’d like to test Dark Knight!  Or Star Wars Trilogy!  They have the same design.

But I only have the bonus server loader for Star Wars & only the game loader for Dark Knight if I recall.

Neither PSR for those even mention needing a UC or IPC either.  They just list that “optionally”, you need
a feature pack loaded to configure a leaderboard or login to a wide area progressive.  Not listed under “required”.

Neither of mine had the feature packs.  But when I loaded the hangover game. It did load fine.  But a tilt displayed for can’t connect to bonus server, because well, that crashed my other AVP after enabling it and pulling out the ekey. 

I might clear the safe storage & NVRAM on both machines and try again.  As it says on all these with bonus servers if you clear the safe storage & NVRAM on the bonus server, you must do the same on client machines.

Other tilt on the game was can’t connect to wap:none.  There’s no option to set one on either the bonus server or client though if you don’t install the feature pack.  So I’m thinking that it “might” clear both tilts if it can connect to the bonus server. 

And I’m also thinking that the hangover bonus server just might have crashed because the ghostbusters bonus server was still installed on the std AVP, but disabled.  It might be the cause as they likely configure similar things just when installed.  And having two bonus servers installed on a machine wouldn’t be normally done, and not tested either!  Even where only one is enabled and the other disabled.

It’s worth trying clean with the machines cleared though and only the hangover bonus server installed & enabled!  If the bonus server is up.  The game “client” might get a response that there’s no wap on the bonus server and clear both tilts after that.

If I get it to run, I’ll be posting about it!  lol

sccarlso:
Just to add a bit in the quest to test some of the other games which use a bonus server, but don't list that an IPC or UC is required.

There are numerous game titles for the same kind of setup, but I found some versions do list they require a UC or IPC controller.

So have to look through PSR's to see which that may list they need a UC or IPC, if there's a version that doesn't.

Dark Knight for example is GI014-002KU7-B01 through GI014-002KU7-B05 that I have PSR's for, and found 2 of those PSR's didn't have a UC or IPC requirement in them, but the rest did! 

Stayouttadabunker:
sccarlso,
Sex in the City and Elvis possible?

Retro tech repair:
Now to get my hands on the guns for a raw thrills big buck hunter and see it they are the same usb guns as the avp uses.

sccarlso:
Well, no joy for same machine running both client and bonus server for Ghostbusters.  It will indeed load and run the 001 Bonus server on an SMLD machine though.

But if both the server and game are enabled, it just defaults to displaying the Bonus server and only on the bottom screen.  So that won't work, need a second brainbox.

Also tried to load the Jurassic Park Bonus server.  Loaded, and the PSR says no UC or IPC.

But it kicked up a progressive tilt, not sure why when it's listed as optional.  Even in the system menus there is an option to allow play even if it can't communicate with a MegaJackpot server which I set to allow.

I couldn't find any reference to the tilt error it showed regarding an "IPP".  I'm sure it's progressive related, but no reference to it anywhere that I could find.  But IPP is an option for the comm ports.  Must be a progressive comm card or something.

The Progressive tilt was

IPP : -display

So thus far, only one I can get to go is Ghostbusters, as it has a Bonus server that isn't tied to MegaJackpot.  And also a version of the game that doesn't list that it requires a UC or IPC, or a MegaJackpot enabled version.  As posted earlier, Dark Knight has 5 versions which I had PSR's on.  And the ones that weren't tied to a MegaJackpot were ones that listed a UC or IPC was required.

I guess the question is...   Are there any other versions of UC/IPC games with a bonus server where the game itself doesn't list that it requires a UC/IPC, and also isn't listed as a MegaJackpot game.   Seems that's the only thing that lets it work with another AVP being the "mini IPC" instead of needing an actual UC or IPC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version