New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CC-16 (24 VAC) on IGT machine sense output  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Rens

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
CC-16 (24 VAC) on IGT machine sense output
« on: January 09, 2022, 01:16:15 PM »
Dear Members,

I am making some progress with my AUS/NZ IGT machine but they are little steps.

Does anyone know what the output signal should be on an CC-16 24 VAC (as also used on IGT s+) machines...

To elaborate, the coin comparitor in my machine had a whole bunch of sensor wires cut and no connectors fitted to wires or comparitor PCB, I have since been able to resolder all these wires, but at first this was not doing anything.   I managed to get an MC-40 24 VAC hoping against hope this would work but it did not fully.
the comparitor worked but on coin test it does not send a signal that the comparitor accepted the coin. The optics below the comparitor does see the coin.  When connecting/disconnecting the MC-40 with the machine live (I know not best practice) the machine did receive  spurious signals which it took as the comparitor sending a valid signal.

Since then I got some life in the original fitted comparitor (the what I believe is a CC-16, photo attached) by "air balancing" sort of the sensors, and it now does compare and accept and reject but still no signal of acceptance is received by the machine on acceptance of the coin.  (where the experiment with the MC-40 does indicate the circuitry should be satisfactory).
I measured the signal line when accepting  coin and a 5VAC signal is present at the time of acceptance, which seems to to go to the logic that also contains the machine optics which does see the coin.

should this signal be 5VAC or something else...?

whilst I still suspect issues with the comparitor and I have a used CC-16 24 VAC now on order from ebay it would be useful to know if I am on track or whether I have more issues.

(As the machine is now awaiting 10 coins to be reinserted after a hopper test, any functional testing is limited till I get it to accept the coins, which requires both the comparitor valid and the optics valid based on the coin sensitivity test I can still access)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: CC-16 (24 VAC) on IGT machine sense output
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 04:47:43 PM »
With the door open and machine powered on, press the service credit button under the coin-in optics board.

Each time you press the button, it should add one credit onto the display panel.

Does it put a credit onto the machine to play a game?

BTW Yellow is power, black is ground...red is a jumper and purple carries the logic signals....that wire goes to the coin-in optics board.

If everything is working correctly, the logic signals from the coin-in optics board is where the MPU gets the credit signals from.

Can you post clear photos of your repaired coin comparitor harnesses?

I want to see if anything is amiss....for instance, your photo above shows the sample coin missing from the CC .
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Rens

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: CC-16 (24 VAC) on IGT machine sense output
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 06:51:22 PM »
The button did add credit in the past, at the moment I can't confirm this as due to post hopper test the machine wants to see 10 coins inserted (this remains the state regardless of power cycle).
see photo attached, also included a current photo of the comparitor with the sample coin installed.

Additionally here is a link to an unlisted youtube vid I just made showing the current operation and acceptance of the coin during the coin sensitivity test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5CliG0W1dg

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal