**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT I-Game and Game King

No video when changing a Game King from an 3902 to a 044.

(1/4) > >>

bpracer:
No video when changing from an 3902 to a 044.

Would like to change my Game King from an 3902 to an 044.

I have the mother board and CPU with game flash.

I get video on the 3902 but not when switched to the 044, no video at all, nothing with the key chip.

Is there something I’m missing here??  Is there anything else that needs to be changed?

Edited to add here is the fix:

IGT 044 Image Fix from Ceronix

When you turn on your IGT game with an 044 gameboard and you get no image:

1.   Press the Menu button on the monitor.  The OSD Menu will appear on the screen
2.   Press the Select button 3 times and the blue portion of the OSD will say ON.
3.   Press the Up or Down, the blue portion will now say OFF and you should have a game image on the screen.
4.   Press the menu button 2 times to exit the OSD menu.

rickhunter:
any lights that are blinking on the mpu board. If you have the 044 mpu board that has the green varta battery, and it not holding enough of a charge, it will not give you video until it has enough charge, but you also get the some blinking lights on the mpu board if I'm remembering correctly.

bpracer:

--- Quote from: rickhunter on September 27, 2015, 06:16:39 PM ---any lights that are blinking on the mpu board. If you have the 044 mpu board that has the green varta battery, and it not holding enough of a charge, it will not give you video until it has enough charge, but you also get the some blinking lights on the mpu board if I'm remembering correctly.

--- End quote ---

Both MPU boards have the green varta battery.

Far left is blinking red, the others are solid amber and green.

Leave the machine on to charge the battery and test? 

About how long would it take to get a charge into it?

rickhunter:
Yeah blinking red light is bad battery.  It depends how discharged the battery is.  I would give it a couple of hours to see if it comes to life.  Check the battery with a meter to see if you are getting 3.6 volts after the couple of hours.  You will need to power down and power up.  Once you get that tilt, the game will not recover without a power cycle.

You should be using key28, if you are not, it will be an issue as well.

caffey:
If you have a LCD Ceronix monitor this was my
fix when I switched from 3902 to 044 board
and no video. It may work for other monitors as well.

John

Mod Note: Removed dead link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version