New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Draw Poker game door lock question  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Furms

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Furms New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Draw Poker game door lock question
« on: January 31, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »
Hello all,
New poster here.  I have what I think is a Fortune 1 model 705 Draw Poker machine.  I was given a set of keys with it and they fit in the door lock, but do not turn.  I cant tell if the internal mechanism is frozen or if its the wrong key.  I suspect the latter.  Any advise on how to open the door?  Any help would be appreciated.  I've attached photos.  Thank you .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:43:12 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Draw Poker game door lock question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
I'd shoot a little bit of WD-40 or Silicon spray in the keyhole, then try that key again - turning to the left normally opens it. I'd turn it left and right a few times, then add a LITTLE more pressure to the left. Wiggle the door if you can.
Lock-picking is a good skill here! If all else fails, just drill it out. Those locks aren't expensive.

:NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Furms

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 11:21:19 AM »
I lubed to lock, and tried compressing the door a little, but based on the way it feels, I think its the wrong key. Its a hard stop, with not even a little give.  Guess I'll start YouTubing how to drill out a lock.  Thank you for your help, depending on the state of the interior, I may have more questions.  My brother in law assured me it was working before he stored it.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 06:54:37 AM »
Furms proceed with caution but...

I had a similar situation with either a Bally EM machine or an old IGT like yours.  An old timer told me that if you can shine a light UP the hold in the bottom you can see and lift the bar manually to open the door.  Since my game was on the stand and I did not want it to fall on me I had my strong friend hold the game so that the hole was exposed from the bottom.  Sure enough within a minute the door was open and I was able to fix the problem.  BE CAREFUL.  I used a long thin flathead screwdriver to do the deed.  I did not lay my game on its back because it was full of coins and THAT my friend is a disaster in the making.  Let us know how you make out.  My advice is free and worth every penny.

Ra

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 09:43:17 AM »
Great advice. I have been successful drilling them out but what a mess, you need to be sure to get all the shavings cleaned up, plus you risk drilling too hard and destroying the link between top and bottom bar on some machines and then you can’t get it open. I never experienced that but I was warned about it.

Offline Furms

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 12:27:04 PM »
I was able to get the key to work by wiggling it around and finally clicking the tumblers.  Replaced it with a new lock and the machine is up and running.  Had some jumpy video, but I cleaned and and sprayed some lube on the pots and it is significantly better.  I can kind of hear the sound.  I have adjusted the volume, but it doesn't increase.  The speaker is in rough shape so I am going to replace that.  If it doesn't work, then  I live without sound.  I get an occasional crazy pay out and the screen goes to all aces after a winning hand, but other than that it seems to be working fine. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 11:44:55 AM by Furms »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal