New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune Coin Video 3-reel Slot (thats a mouthful)  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Fortune Coin Video 3-reel Slot (thats a mouthful)
« on: July 10, 2022, 08:52:16 PM »
Recently acquired project. Its rough. Its early. It has good bones but it won’t play.
The game seems to boot and you get one ring on the bell when it starts.
The screen displays as shown. No sign of fruits or numbers on reels, just lines and letters.
It accepts credits but this is where things go awry. When you pull the lever nothing happens on screen until the bell starts ringing and then it won’t stop. It occasionally shows “winner paid 001” but usually says “winner paid 000”.

There is a stack of 3 boards unlike Fortune 1 poker or blackjack, I am hoping to learn what each board does and which is responsible for the missing functions.

I have attached a few pics and link to a video showing the problem. I know video links are not preferred but I keep them live for years and I described the problem thoroughly in text.

Thank for any collective knowledge.

Chris

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 09:08:37 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Fortune Coin Video 3-reel Slot (thats a mouthful)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 10:34:11 PM »
Step one would be to remove all socketed chips and clean their legs with a ink eraser.
Those boards are extremely old, were built before the company became Sircoma.
As a new hire I was assigned as a board repair person on the production line.
I remember 6 foot long blue line schematics and 90% TTL logic, no computer chip back then.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 11:15:21 PM »
Thanks BB: 3 boards and only one chip in a socket. Lol
I will lift and clean that one in the morning.
I wondered if you had your hands in this project! 

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 01:20:50 PM »
I still have this one. Never got to look/work on it and don't know when or if I ever will. Let me know if you may want it or any of the parts - we can probable work out something.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32536.msg172867#msg172867
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 04:19:10 PM »
Yes! Same computer boards. I thought your post indicated you got it working…or is the monitor still out?
I am on a learning adventure for sure. I wouldn’t trash that machine just for a monitor. Thats a Trinitron, very robust! I just took mine apart and vacuumed 20 pounds of dust out of it!

Chris

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 10:23:57 PM »
Follow up: cleaning the pins on the one socketed chip didn’t change anything.
I did find a burned trace on the hopper controller board. Now the game wins 20 coins on every pull of the handle, it  pays and counts them out now.
Still no video of the reels but there is a veryical blue line where they should be.
Im thinking there is a problem with video driver but it must go deeper than that because it is impacting game play too.  Every hand paying 20 almost seems like it is in test mode.
I checked traces on all 3 boards and didn’t see any indication of burning or bad joints. Checked ESR on caps. Interesting there is no backup battery or backup style capacitor, I suppose it isn’t necessary for games that pay out each hand.

Next step is to trace the video output to the boards and see if I can find the drivers. There are a lot of chips with no identification and no known schematics for this format of Sircoma.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:48:21 AM by Chris-socal »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 07:46:34 AM »
The horizontal blue line - crt board is 1st place I would start. Start by replacing the caps. Then you can worry about devices that may be bad on the crt board(s).

The game play - 20 coins each pull - maybe test, maybe just bad devices, connections.

I didn't look for schematics, maybe something in the file system download section that is close?

Let me how it goes. I may get some time to look at mine and see what I can figure out - I think mine worked game play wise, just needed the crt recapped. No eta...
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 09:58:06 AM »
Thanks. I edited my post, should have read that there is a vertical blue line where the reels should be. I suppose it could be a cap on one of the game boards. Not sure why it would only impact the reel area of the image.

Any chance you can pull the top board on yours and look at the Edge Connector, ninth from the middle? I circled the one in question on the attached pic. Mine is sliced or worn off. Its a ground connection and I think it is supposed to be severed but I want to be sure. I don’t want to jump it for fear of creating a short.

Chris

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 11:03:00 AM »
I'll look tonight. 

From your cap comments- I think you are thinking one of the game boards may be the crt problem. I'm thinking the crt boards/caps in the crt chassis are the video problem. Fixed a few crt's by replacing those caps 1st. Just checking to see if we are on the same page...
Tony

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 11:18:52 AM »
Generically I see where you are coming from. However, There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the image other than missing video of the reels. The text is clear, no flicker or signs of hold problems. My theory is that the video is generated in 3 different sections of the game. One is a generic template, the other is the variable text, the other is the randomly generated reels at each pull of the handle.
Since the game is paying exactly 20 coins for each pull I’m leaning toward computer error or game stuck in a mode other than normal game play.
I did pull the crt and bench tested it and I got all 3 colors.
I suppose I could attempt to connect another crt or an emulator. Hmmm.

Chris

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 11:42:24 AM »
Ahh. Now I'm on your page lol.  Sounds like you are on the right track.
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 04:38:35 PM »
My top pcb.
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 04:44:48 PM »
My middle pcb.
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 04:45:43 PM »
My bottom pcb.
Tony

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2022, 07:51:37 PM »
Thanks Tony. I really appreciate you taking the time. The boards are very similar but not exactly the same. It is interesting that pin 9 has a modification on yours too.
I will continue researching and I will post updates.

Chris

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal