New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Blackjack machine  (Read 1802 times)

Offline rgull77

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rgull77 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Blackjack machine
« on: December 31, 2022, 02:58:38 PM »
Hi
I just picked up a 1981 IGT blackjack machine and it was working perfectly except for a hopper issue. I was going to post about the hopper, but it has now become a back issue.
The monitor suddenly went blank and started smoking. Beneath a mouse nest behind the monitor, I found this damage (see pic). Can this monitor be repaired? In SoCal?
Thanks in advance
Randy

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: IGT Blackjack machine
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 04:02:49 PM »
What a beautiful machine. You are lucky it has a 1492, that damage should be very fixable. Plus those boards are still available on ebay or from some of the sponsor businesses like NLG or K-Lar. You don’t even need to send the tube for repair, just the board. They will likely have a tube they can test it on.

As for the hopper we will need a little more information and There are several members who can help troubleshoot a hopper.

Chris

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 04:27:30 PM »
Thanks Chris,

I didn't think about Allan. I thought I'd have to bring him the whole monitor. I see his Ebay listing; I'll send the board to him. Then after that, I can address the hopper issue.

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 03:45:56 PM »
So, a working monitor board is on its way.

As for the hopper problem, it didn't take long to find it. The resident mouse ate through the green wire in the picture right at the pug. It connected right next to the yellow wire on the end. This wire goes to the hopper Molex plug. There is not enough wire showing to reattach it. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 07:29:34 PM »
That’s tough. I think the top of that connector pops off but you need to be adventurous! If you do pop it off you will need to make some decisions on the best way to re-attach. New wire patch section?
However, if there is ANY wire sticking out you can probably solder onto it, maybe use a razor blade to scrape the insulation away. I have patched ICs that break off with just a bum sticking out.
Option 2 would be to solder onto the board and put an inline connector just for the green wire. Not likely to be disconnected a lot.

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 02:28:14 PM »
To update:
I was able to solder the hopper wire back onto the plug. There was just enough to grab onto.
I got the monitor board back from K-Lars and it works and the machine functions perfectly.
There is one thing; I have read through all the threads, and I am still not sure if the buttons should light up. I get the feeling that on the 21 machine they don't but if they should, please chime in....

Thanks for everyone's help!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 05:58:05 PM »
I believe it's same as the Fortune 1 and the buttons don't light up. On my F1, the sockets were there, but unwired. One nice thing is that each one had a nice new bulb in it!
Hopefully another member will chime in on this.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 04:58:37 PM »
I have heard that, Badbaud (A premier F1 tech) said they don’t all have lighted bulbs. I got lucky on mine but only one worked when I got it. Two of the wires had fallen off inside the button panel whine I eventually fixed with the help of another member who took pictures of the wires on each button of his machine.

If you want to lift the buttons to look at them they lift up from the outside, I use my pocket knife to gently pry at the base of the button. I can post pics if it would help

Chris

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2023, 05:26:26 AM »
Chris what a nice machine!  My game is the original from 1979, what an improvement they made in 2 short years.  My board DOES light up when played.  I had to pull all of the buttons from the top and clean the contacts.  My game should be in my profile somewhere.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal