New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: enhanced boards  (Read 1456 times)

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
enhanced boards
« on: April 14, 2022, 03:55:01 PM »
I currently have 7 s2000 1270 enhanced boards that are giving me the same flashing led's, but no boots
as soon as i turn the machine on, i get the first 3 led's on, 4th is off, next 3 leds on, then led's 4 and 8 on and off in sync and #4 flashes after
its probably easier to see this in a vid but i cant send here.
i believe it's 1270 board issue, because when i swap daughter boards to a known working board, it works the machine boots and runs normally

when reading this, it really looks confusing but im sure someone has seen this and knows what the issue might be.

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: enhanced boards
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:07:42 AM »
A simple thing to check of course, is the onboard battery voltage.
Then run a clear procedure thru the ram.
Other than that, I wouldn't know anything else but to send in the boards somewhere to be checked out.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline scratchee35

• scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »
thanks for the reply..
here is what i have done:
ive tested the boards with the varta and new 2354, tried clearing the ram with the 224, the first 2 green led's light up, but the next yellow led just blinks..i cannot get the 2nd yellow to light as normal before swapping to the 45...ive removed the varta, clipped u16 and retested...same results.

any other suggestions?

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 62
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 03:48:37 PM »
What's the voltage on the varta batteries?

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 04:09:49 PM »
just checked the 2 boards that still have the vartas on them...without the 2354 i had .05 and 1.45 ...with a new 2354, it took the voltage was 3.05 and 3.05

the new 2354 voltage is 3.0 to 3.6 before a load

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline hotlsot

• hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 06:11:48 PM »
don't check the voltage on the board itself, just the voltage on the varta. If it's below 2.9 volts you need to either replace the varta or do the modification to the board so it will run without the varta.  You can also leave the machine turned on overnight to see if the battery will charge up, but usually the charge won't last long on an old battery. A word of caution, once the vatra has dipped too low for too long the board modification may not work.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 05:12:07 AM »
i have removed the varta batteries from 5 of the 7 boards, clipped the u16 and im still having the same issue...the light pattern and it wont let me use the 224 and 45 clear chips

Steve

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 06:14:27 AM »
Are you using the same daughter board to test all the different MPU's?  R boards use a RBK chip to clear and key.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 08:13:22 AM »
not using an r-board..im using the normal daughter boards that are needed for s2000 machines...not using the same daughter boards..each game has its own daughter board and software for that game...right now im swapping 1270 boards to set up various games

Steve

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 08:35:33 AM »
I would recommend using one known working daughter board with known working software in one known working cabinet to test each MPU  to isolate the issue .

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 10:10:42 AM »
So this is where it gets nasty. If you've clipped the u16 and the board still doesn't run you're in trouble. What I wanted to know is the voltage on the varta before you did the board mod. If the battery is completely dead many times the mod won't help, as a matter of fact it kind of makes things worse. Your last chance with these boards is to purchase a new varta with 3.6 volts and solder it onto the board. then do the clear and key process, then you must remove the varta as there is no voltage regulator on the board. If you are uncomfortable doing that you can ship the boards to me.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 09:13:11 PM »
there is no voltage on 2 of the vartas..i have not clipped the u16 on every board...i do not have any new varta's here...ill have to find some to order.

ill give that a try...

once i solder on the varta, you thinking the board will work?

thanks!!

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2022, 02:35:51 PM »
If there is no other damage to the board soldering in the varta will work, but on the machines where you clipped the u16 you will pull it right back off the board afterwards. This works on 90% of the boards I've had do this problem. So I would not do anything else to the boards you have there until you get the new 3.6 vatra, and measure it when it comes in just to make sure it's 3.6 volts. Once the board has read to voltage you can then proceed to the mod if you want. I'll bet you get 5 or 6 out of the 7 boards running this way.

Offline DB26

• Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 03:29:00 PM »
I think I have a board like this. Does U16 need to be reinstalled as well?
-Robert

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2022, 03:43:17 PM »
No, but if installing the battery solves the problem after the machine clears and boots remove it if your u16 is clipped.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 05:40:15 AM »
great info here...thank you!!!

i have ordered 5 new varta batteries...shipping is more than the battery prices...thats just crazy!!!
they will be here by the 24th but i will be out of town until the 26th
i am hoping to be able to work on them just as soon as i get back.
i will keep you posted

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 12:19:44 PM »
JUst one would have done it so you can solder and desolder to clear the problem,  but hey, you have plenty now. I like to solder the battery on the board, boot the board, then clip the u16 and desolder the battery.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2022, 07:52:32 AM »
ok...working on the boards right now...wish me luck!!!

ill let you know!

Steve

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2022, 12:34:15 AM »
sorry for the delay in updating...a couple of "out of control" issues happening here...

anyways...IT WORKED!!!! atleast for 3 boards so far...2 unfortunately, 2 didnt (varta damage) but im 3 boards ahead right now!!!
if all hell doesnt break loose here again in the next few days, im gonna bring in another machine and do the same thing.

not sure if i want to do the same thing with the remaining boards right now, or if i want to do them as i need them...prob as i need them..
Ill keep you posted as to the other boards...good or bad

Thank You hotlsot for all your info, and all the others who helped too!!!

Steve

Offline DB26

• Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2022, 04:42:22 PM »
Amazing! Glad it worked. I’m gonna have to try this soon. Now if only I had some good vartas….
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal