New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slot machine store/shop that has the Vision Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve?  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Does anybody remember which store or shop this was?
They had pictures of girls standing in next to machines they were selling.
BTW...I'm just interested in some info on the Dick Clark game....I have a girlfriend already!  :24: :rotfl:
I need to get a hold of the shop, if anybody has their number, website, or email addy.
Thanks!  :cool_thumb_up:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 08:23:57 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Slot machine store/shop?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 06:48:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was Marty Dorf.  Chris can probably confirm that.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8732.0

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 07:46:21 AM »
okay...thanks Tilt
I'll keep looking around.
Never put this game together but I know there was a Reel Touch version that had to have a CD player and CD.
I really don't know if I have the glass for that platform or the Vision version, or if there ever was a Vision version?
Anyways, the same one as in the Marty Dorf store pic.
Looks like his had the specific reel glass too.

Got the belly, big topbox glass, 5R strips, SB000363 5R5L45CM and two BGM's...>>>

BGM136 (Regular Vision game version?)
BGM166 (CD required Reel Touch version?).

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:15:51 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 149
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 07:46:58 AM »
Yep, it was Marty......been a long time since I seen a pic like that.........
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 07:58:23 AM »
Yep, it was Marty......been a long time since I seen a pic like that.........

Would you remember the name of his shop? or where his store was at J ?  :scratch-head_2:

***EDIT***

A friend just told me the store name was ...>>> Vegasslots777

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 149
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 08:38:56 AM »
Ohio, as I recall.  I actually bid on a S2000 way back then and won it for $125.  He cancelled it cuz it somehow got damaged.  Guess it was a loss to him if he sold it to me for that so that was it for me.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 09:48:52 AM »
are you sure it was marty? marty was the original slotmachineusa...he was located in west carolton ohio, but i was thinking that it was richard davis...from d&d amusements

i know they had businesses very close together in dayton

you could be right about it being marty, but was just throwing another option of who it was in the pot.

Steve

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 11:57:02 AM »
Oh my God!  That’s traveling in the “WAY BACK” machine!

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 01:11:33 PM »
It was Marty's ebay account.  I read somewhere where he would use local models to help them with exposure, or at least that was the selling point.  At first he was using the more "cornfed" model types and then he switched to the type of model seen on that photo.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 08:07:07 PM »
Three digit BGMs are vision games. I do not believe Dick Clark was a Reel Touch theme.
I believe they were both visions one used a CD player like Elvis vision
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 09:00:55 PM »
Three digit BGMs are vision games. I do not believe Dick Clark was a Reel Touch theme.
I believe they were both visions one used a CD player like Elvis vision

I agree with you Q...I'm fairly certain that this IS a Vision game, and they are 5 reelers.
The thing is, I do not know yet how to hook up the CD player to the LCD topbox computer.
I have to look at some drawings and figure this out...

okay...I figured it out...yay!  :dancing_party:
Can anybody contact me regarding the CD?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 08:18:02 AM by shortrackskater »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 10:41:53 PM »
Here's a link to a short video I just made...>>>

https://youtube.com/shorts/o25bNvtBR2U

That 40-pin ribbon cable you see in the photo below is really, REALLY old.
I had some old desktop computers that had like Windows XP or Vista in them....pulled out the CD ROM and ribbon cable.

When I tried to insert one end of the ribbon cable into the back of the LCD topbox computer, it wouldn't go into the socket of pins.
I turned the cable around and sure enough...one of the 40 pinholes has a hole completely blocked with molded plastic.

So I opened up an even older desktop that used to have I believe a Windows 3.5 in it...THAT one had a ribbon cable with all open 40-pin holes and is what I ended up using for this Vision modification.
There apparently is a bit of a difference between a year 2000-ish CD ROM cable and a late 90's cable.

Here's a couple of pictures of what I'm talking about...>>>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 12:16:48 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Here is a pic. I found
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
That is an old 40 wire ata-33 cable.  When they went to ata-66 they changed to 80 wires.

"You need to use an 80-wire flat cable to install ATA-66 hard disks and above. The 80-wire flat cable uses the same 40-pin connector as the standard 40-wire IDE cable, but it has an extra ground wire between each regular wire to cancel noise."

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Here is a pic. I found
Yes Jim, thanks for the pic.
I have the CD ROM player hooked up like that as well...I just don't have the metal box the CD ROM is encased in.
That's not hard to make really....it's just to hold the CD ROM up against the LCD computer.
The 4-pin power harness is the same like you used to see in older home desktop towers.
That is an old 40 wire ata-33 cable.  When they went to ata-66 they changed to 80 wires.

"You need to use an 80-wire flat cable to install ATA-66 hard disks and above. The 80-wire flat cable uses the same 40-pin connector as the standard 40-wire IDE cable, but it has an extra ground wire between each regular wire to cancel noise."

I think my ribbon cable is okay SCM, during boot up, I can see that the topbox computer is recognizing the CD ROM.
I'm just not sure if the jumper on the CD ROM should be jumping the "Cable Select" pins, the "Slave" pins or the "Master" pins.
I'm playing with that now.
It DOES appear in Jim's picture that the CD ROM is jumped on the "Master" pins.
Below is a photo of the back of the CD ROM I'm using...it's presently on "Cable Select"...I'm going to jump the "Master" pins like in the photo.

Cllick on to enlarge if needed...>>>

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 09:33:44 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline nglayton

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • nglayton New User has no influence.
  • I have too many hobbies......
The specs for IDE allows 2 devices per IDE channel/cable, It could be two hard drives, 2 CD-ROM's or 1 of each.

Normally if the CD-ROM drive is the only device on the cable, it would be set to master, if there is 2 devices on the cable, you have 1 master device and one slave device. 

You just can't have 2 masters or 2 slaves on the same cable.
Cable Select (CS) lets the system decide which is which based on the location of the device on the cable.

If you have a hard drive and a CD-ROM on the same cable usually the hard drive is set to master and CD-ROM set to slave.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Good stuff NGLayton! Thanks.
I've just forgotten since it's been so long since I've even played with old stuff like this.
I ended up jumping the "master" pins since it's the only device on the cable.

Below is a link to a short video showing that the CD ROM is being recognized by the LCD computer during boot up but I'm running into a "GP Fault".
Now I need to find out what this "multi-slave error is" and try to resolve it.
You can click on the photo below to enlarge if you want.

Here's my youtube link...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/U6TZQm2-8qU
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 11:23:39 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I was told to insert mslave files on bgm in side slot
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
I was told to insert mslave files on bgm in side slot

I always thought the .RFA and ATA files contains the mslave stuff...>>>
The multi slave program is responsible for playing sounds and displaying such
information as tilt messages and menu options.
The label indicates the factory-installed
program (ATA10055) and bonus game modules (BGMs)

But all this stuff above is downloaded to the LCD computer by the side slot only once.
Then you have to remove the card and just run the BGM card on the top slot.
Unless this game needs a particular card? I don't know.

I will try to change my ATA files that are already loaded to the LCD computer.
Right now, the LCD computer has ATA10065....which I thought was the latest.
However,  the PSR for BGM166 says that I need ...>>>
"to use ATA10055 and its replacements".
Of course, doesn't make sense because I thought the ATA10065 WAS the "replacement"?  lol

The red screen says that I'm loaded up with ATA10065....maybe that's the "Crash Type : GP Fault" error?

Oh well....maybe I'll just load up ATA10055 and see what happens.  :fuel_on_fire:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:23:34 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline nglayton

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • nglayton New User has no influence.
  • I have too many hobbies......
What OS do these machines run?

I think GP fault - is just short for "General Protection" fault

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I used to see that all the time in the 90's...one of the more useless errors with no real help to diagnose it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal