New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma Draw Poker Power Supply Help  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Bryan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma Draw Poker Power Supply Help
« on: January 01, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »
Hey all:  I’m currently working on a Sigma Draw Poker machine , HR-IM  I2211 and I’ve run out of ideas and hopefully will get some help here.
The machine will power up and send 110 V  up to the Power supplies 12 V and 5 V
Both PS test “good” and will supply the prescribed voltage on the output when bench tested.
After installing into the machine and hooking everything up, The 5 v will power up LED lit and push 5 Volts. But the 12 V (gets 110v input)   will not supply 12 volts out and the LED is not lit.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:12:14 PM by Bryan »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Sigma Draw Poker Power Supply Help
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 08:38:13 PM »
Are you showing any voltage output with the 12V PS when in the machine? Those PS do have a adjustment pot to fine tune the output voltage. I think they need to be on the + side of 12V. You could also buy an after market 12V PS from a place like Jamco Electronics. Have you opened up the 12V PS and check for bad capacitors?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:15:44 PM »
Are you showing any voltage output with the 12V PS when in the machine? Those PS do have a adjustment pot to fine tune the output voltage. I think they need to be on the + side of 12V. You could also buy an after market 12V PS from a place like Jamco Electronics. Have you opened up the 12V PS and check for bad capacitors?

I believe the Ps is good.  I have two and get the same result from both. All capacitors look good and it outputs 12+ volts on the bench unloaded.
When I put it in the machine and hook everything up, The 5v PS is outputting OK(5+) , but the 12V PS goes to 0 output with no LED light. On the A/C side, it is getting 110v.   I'm baffled, but I'm not an electronics guy either.

Thanks for the help,
Bryan

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
You might want to try unhooking things on the game and see what the PS does? Sounds like you may have something grounding out the 12 system? I don’t know much about the Sigma machines, but it could be as simple as a wiring problem for deck buttons or bulbs.. I’d unhook what I could and see what your 12V PS does. If it shows 12V output, then try hooking one thing up at a time? This goes for unplugging the main board. At least this is what I would try .. 🤔
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 06:06:42 PM »
I had an issue with my 12v PS and it caused none of the buttons to work (must be 12v logic or something) I disconnected the fan and replaced the power supply with one from amazon and it fixed it. If you decide to replace it, most of the power supplies from amazon have the VAC on the opposite side of the unit, so you will either have to replace both power supplies or extend the cables sending the power to each power supply.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
I had an issue with my 12v PS and it caused none of the buttons to work (must be 12v logic or something) I disconnected the fan and replaced the power supply with one from amazon and it fixed it. If you decide to replace it, most of the power supplies from amazon have the VAC on the opposite side of the unit, so you will either have to replace both power supplies or extend the cables sending the power to each power supply.

Hey Justin:  Thanks for the response!  I actually have 3 12v PS and all of them do the same thing. The 5v works as it should.  I'm not sure why the 12v is acting up, but I'm guessing that it must be grounding out somewhere. 

Got me baffled.  :fryingpan:

Thanks 
Bryan

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »
Try to disconnect the button lights from the distribution board on the front door
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 02:53:31 PM »
Try to disconnect the button lights from the distribution board on the front door

Justin:  I'm not a electrical wizard, but hanging in there.  If I buy two new power supplies, I know I'm looking for a 5 volt and a 12 volt.  Does wattage matter as long as I meet the minimum (wattage) from the previous PS? Or do I need to match them exactly?

Thanks

Bryan

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 03:02:23 PM »
The ones in your cabinet right now are labelled in amps. As long as you meet the minimum, as you said, you will be fine. It will only draw what it needs. I will link the two that I purchased from amazon below.

5V https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YHN8D1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12V https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077T78YLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The mounting holes do not line up and the screw terminals are reversed, so I just cut the zipties to wire it and (some people will be mad at me for this) hot glued them on to the metal board, it was high temp hot glue and it is only temporary. Hot glueing should be fine for you while you test it, but if you intend to use it for and length of time you might want to find a better way to secure them.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
The ones in your cabinet right now are labelled in amps. As long as you meet the minimum, as you said, you will be fine. It will only draw what it needs. I will link the two that I purchased from amazon below.

5V https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YHN8D1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12V https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077T78YLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The mounting holes do not line up and the screw terminals are reversed, so I just cut the zipties to wire it and (some people will be mad at me for this) hot glued them on to the metal board, it was high temp hot glue and it is only temporary. Hot glueing should be fine for you while you test it, but if you intend to use it for and length of time you might want to find a better way to secure them.

Thanks Justin:    Got it on order and we'll see how it goes. 

Offline DrewMcAvon

• DrewMcAvon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 08:26:15 AM »
I ordered the two power supplies that Justin suggested and replaced just the low voltage one.  The 12v was still working.  The Sigma is now working.  Thank you Justin.

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 08:39:17 AM »
Any time, I had the same issue with mine when I got it and struggled to find the right power supplies.
Thanks,
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal