**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > WMS Williams Video

BB1.5 - 19" monitors to 22".. Difficult?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Harvs:
Well I am about 1/3 of the way there with the swap (3hrs of work so far).. Just need to make a few brackets today to fully secure the lower monitor in place (I'm using temp crap brackets now), then on to the top box. Bezels will be last seeing I have a few in the mail that I plan on destroying to make fit! - Once I am finished I plan on writing up how I did the swap, it may be helpful to others.

(I will also have an OEM dual 19" setup with all brackets, bezels and harnesses if anyone is interested..)

Here are a few pics so far.

Harvs:
Top box monitor wasn't too bad.. I simply used brackets to snug fit the monitor (like it wont budge side to side).. I will then add 2 long metal brackets that run from the bottom of the top box to the original mounting brackets on the monitor.. At that point you can shake or hold the machine upside down and it will not move. I just have to make a trip to a friends shop to cut and bend some metal..

The only prob I see, is now that the top monitor is installed, I have no way to bolt the actual top chrome bezel (with candle attached) to the top box.. I may have to drill tiny holes to attach it from the outside seeing it would need to be removed if the monitor ever needed to be taken out..

Anywho, this is my progress so far.. I still need to make bezels, make a few permanent brackets to replace the temps and clean up the wires/power supplies that run each monitor.. 

Until then...............  :cool_thumb_up:

coolwavepic:
Wow! It looks awesome and legit! Was the bottom monitor easy to convert to a 22" vs the top?

The 22 is the same height as the 19in right, just wider?

Harvs:

--- Quote from: coolwavepic on July 16, 2014, 11:10:52 AM ---Wow! It looks awesome and legit! Was the bottom monitor easy to convert to a 22" vs the top?

The 22 is the same height as the 19in right, just wider?

--- End quote ---
Thanks.. The bottom was harder to figure out, but it fits perfectly after a little finagling. - Yup, both the 19 and 22 are the same height (22 is actually 1/8"ish shorter).

I will update the pics once I have a chance to make the brackets. Bezels will be the hard part. :yes:

Harvs:
Lower monitor permanent brackets completed.. (I coulda bent them better but they hold that beeotch tight, so I kept them  :Tongue_Out: )

The bottom of the monitor rests on part of the inner door so I only used pressure brackets on the bottom to hold it tight to the frame.

Now to whittle the bezels.......................  :EmoticonHelp4: 

(Oh, and just wanted to point out that I removed the main door latch and cherry switch seeing the monitor would not fit with it.. I then ran the main door cherry to the lower belly door spot. I simply left the belly door cherry switch zip-tied inside the cabinet with the switch pulled out/ON. When you open the main door the belly goes with it so it worked out perfect.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version