New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29046 times)

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »
Thought it might be helpful as a reminder that the problem initially started after...:

After battery install[/color]
 Progress! So the code went away, the machine did its initial spin, and the "insert coin" light went on. Coins are still falling right through, and the red light on top of the machine is flashing. I think the machine is free of code 61 though?
[/size]RockinElvis, I don't see a list under my coin comparitor?

The machine worked fine using test credits, but the code 21 occurred after I began looking into the issue of the coins falling straight th[/color]rough

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Make sure everything on that orange harness going to coin optics is plugged in good.  Try moving all those wires around a bit, like you maybe did in the beginning.  I have one machine that I get a 21 on all the time, all I do is jiggle on those orange wires and close the door and it goes away.

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »
Fiddled with all of the wires, unplugged the hopper and mpu and plugged it back in.

Turned the machine on, heard a ding, and now its alternating bewteen Win meter: 3100 and Win Meter 3100/Coins PLayed 1

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
open and shut door a few times

it should be ready to play now

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »
open and shut door a few times

No dice  :Scratch-Head: :fryingpan:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 08:06:59 PM »
did the 3100 clear?

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »
Nope

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2018, 08:18:28 PM »
It appears I made a slight mistake, what is altering between winmeter 3100 and winmeter: 6/coins played: 1

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2018, 08:21:42 PM »
3100 was prob from when you replugged in the hopper, is that when it dinged?  Just means hopper overpaid a coin.  Try test 13 again, sounds like the door not closing again.

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
3100 was prob from when you replugged in the hopper, is that when it dinged?  Just means hopper overpaid a coin.  Try test 13 again, sounds like the door not closing again.

I had unplugged the hopper with the machine off. When I turned the machine back on I heard the ding. Test 13 still seems to be good. It switches from 13_0 to 13_1 when I open and close the door.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
3100 should clear when you open and close the door and the door optics are working.  Very strange, may have to use clear chip?

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 09:06:22 PM »
Well, I do have the chip now. Everyone says to use it as a last resort, do you think I should try it? Also, I don't know how to use it but imI sure you or someone on here moght!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »
Well, I do have the chip now. Everyone says to use it as a last resort, do you think I should try it? Also, I don't know how to use it but imI sure you or someone on here moght!

Nothing wrong with using the clear chip in your scenario.  Instructions on how to properly use it are found here: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16134.0

It seems to me like there's an issue with the machine seeing the door as closed, although you were successful in your door optics test.  Let's start with the clear chip and see where that brings us, and we can go forward from there.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »
I've done it, and from what I can tell it's gone full-circle.

After using the clear chip (and clearing a few error codes starting with 61) I was back to the point of being able to use the button on the coin optic to give me test credits and the machine worked fine with that (like it did before). The Insert Coin light was on but all coins fell straight through to the tray (just like before).

I tried unplugging the CC to see if it would skip on through to the optics and got a code 21 error. From that point, the 21 has been stuck, opening and shutting the door isn't working (like before). The only difference that I know of is now the coin optics do not have Q4 because I removed it.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2018, 07:01:52 AM »
go back and test the coin in optics, now that Q-4 is removed all three should respond,  if not then you could have a bad connection on your optic board, they use the same type of connector that the power connector on the motherboard uses that causes all the problems. the metal contact becomes compressed and looses its connectivity, you can remove each one and physically look at it and see if it looks compressed.  also you can hold it up to a light source, look through the plug connector from the bottom side, as you look through it you will see the gap in the connector, this will tell you which one has to be reformed.

the one wire/connector you are most concerned with is the wire at pin 4, orange with a red tracer, this is the wire for the optic in question. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 05:41:52 PM »
I can't help it, I'm still stuck on the door not showing closed. When doing the test did  it show
good
as you were latching or the whole time after latching?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 11:35:46 PM »
I can't help it, I'm still stuck on the door not showing closed. When doing the test did  it show
good
as you were latching or the whole time after latching?

Yes, it was toggling between 0 and 1

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2018, 11:39:19 PM »
About to go do Jim from Midwest Slot's instructions. IN the meanwhile I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to pull the chips without a chip puller? I pulled mine out but it bent a few legs (I bent them back). Not sure if there is a good method, or if I should just go buy myself a chip puller!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2018, 06:26:44 AM »
I use a screw driver, long thin type with a medium blade.  insert the screw driver between the socket and chip and gently work it underneath, the chip will usually pop right out with no damage to the chip or bend any legs.  Usually enables you to reinsert the chip easily because it was not deformed in the process.

for your clear and set chips, I use a wire round type socket for these chips, because I insert them quite a few times troubleshooting machines. the wire round socket has stiff rigid legs that will not bend during the insertion process.  I have all my clear and set chips mounted in these sockets.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2018, 02:45:11 PM »
Thx for the advice!

So here are some pics I took... everything looks pretty normal and not smushed or anything like that, I pulled out the orange/red tracer wire and it looks perfectly fine...? The ONLY thing I see (notice in the pic) that the red/black wire has a little nick in it, a tiny amount of exposed wire, looks like all the wires in the pic were compressed. The orange/red tracer wire looks a little smushed... but not bad

https://imgur.com/a/ltr4bcG

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal