New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Multi-Game #96419000  (Read 2220 times)

Offline purepearl32@yahoo.com

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • purepearl32@yahoo.com New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Multi-Game #96419000
« on: October 11, 2022, 12:16:59 AM »
I'm a brand new IGT owner here and learning as I go. I’ve got this machine that I recently acquired and need some help with the bill validator. There were $85.00 in credits on the machine when I purchased and everything else appears to be working correctly. No error codes that I see. Basically what is happening is the BV is not taking in the bills (using a crisp $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 for testing). When I power the machine on, the BV does not make a sound. With the machine powered up and BV inserted, I push the cash box in and the BV runs forward and backward for about 1.5 seconds.

The gentlemen that I got this machine from purchased it from a slot place that went out of business a few years ago so no help there. He said everything was working and I only checked the operation of the games but not the bill acceptor (yes, dumb move).

What I've tried is opening up the bill acceptor and cash box. All gears appear to be moving freely, the belts seem to be in pretty good shape, and I cleaned everything I could (including the optics) with a dry q-tip. I'm making sure the cash box is inserted all the way and locked. The bill validator is enabled. When I'm in the diagnostic mode and go to the bill validator set up, the machine says the validator is not ready. Any ideas would be awesome as I'm really looking forward to playing it!

• NLG
Re: IGT Multi-Game #96419000
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 12:22:39 AM »
Machine front

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 12:24:54 AM »
Hopefully these other pictures give a better idea of what I'm looking at

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 01:47:34 AM »
It sounds like your cash can isn't fully seated.  Pull it back out, then slam it in like you're mad at it.  It can take a bit of force to get it seated properly.  Hopefully that's all it is.

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 12:37:47 PM »
Thanks Tilt! I had read about the cash box needing to be slammed so I tried that 8-10 times with the same result.

I did spend some time playing around with the diagnostics last night and have some more information that may be helpful. If I go to the Netplex AutoConfiguration and push Auto Configure, the machine says the Bill Validator is installed but the Spectrum is not responding. Not sure what that is or what it means?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 06:20:09 AM »
Ok.  Do the bill validator bezel entry LEDs light up when the door is closed and the game is ready to play?

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 12:32:06 PM »
This is what the bill acceptor looks like when the door is closed and game ready to play. There are no lights on the BV itself. There are 4 amber bulbs that sit above the BV when the door is closed but they do not light up unless I flip all the switches on the side of the BV to ON. Then they will flash, however when I flip all the switches to ON and I'm in diagnostic mode, the machine does not recognize the BV.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 01:59:12 PM »
Open door and press the white test button on MPU.  Does a message pop up? Any pending tilts? Is BV enabled in setup menu under peripheral devices setup?  What is the BV limit set to?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2022, 02:04:39 PM »
Check what Mark asked for.  The machine isn't enabling the validator if the bezel lights do not illuminate.  The dip switches on the side of the validator should all be set to off for normal operation.

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 03:47:43 PM »
Excellent information. I've got a feeling we're narrowing it down. There are no pending tilts. I looked around but do not specifically see a "Peripheral devices setup" option, however when I access the BV test, it says "Enabled". I believe the limit is set to 0. Took pictures of all the screens so hopefully this gives you more information and what I'm missing.

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2022, 03:51:42 PM »
More photos

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 03:52:21 PM »
Last two

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 04:14:58 PM »
On the netplex autoconfiguration screen did you press auto configure button at the bottom of the screen?  If not, do that, and the validator should cycle after a few seconds.

Then check your credit limits under setup ->machine options->credit style setup.  The hopper can be at 0.00 if you don't have one or don't want to use it, but the others should be something other than zero.  I usually use the max.  100,000, 100,000 and the validator limit at 3,000.

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 04:28:01 PM »
Yes, I pushed the auto configure button. The BV sounds like it moves one tooth. It does not cycle. I know the BV can cycle as it has done before when the cash box is inserted. Also did check the plastic teeth on all the gears.

I do not have a hopper so I set all those values to what you recommended. Starting to wonder if the BV itself is faulty.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2022, 07:40:55 PM »
It should cycle it after the auto configure. It sounds like you have a bad transport or cash can to me.

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2022, 07:53:51 PM »
I'm leaning more and more to a bad BV (or as you said, transport). I went to the 'Bill Validator and Currency Acceptors' forum on this site and followed the directions on the sticky thread for 'Troubleshooting Your WBA'. The directions say that "if the unit is working, it will pull the bill into the unit and deposit it where the cash can should be". My BV is not cycling like the gentlemen said that it should.

Do you have suggestions as to where I can purchase another bill validator? Should I get another cash box too?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:19:18 PM by purepearl32@yahoo.com »

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 08:40:16 PM »
One more little thing I found tonight while cleaning the machine. I took the candle off and noticed someone had removed the bulb inside the red lens. With the door closed and machine 'ready for play', I put a new bulb in the socket only to find it flashing. Does this mean a fault in the system and/or could this mean the machine has detected a problem with either the BV or cash box?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2022, 09:35:32 PM »
One of the light flashes after a power on sequence and it goes away after you play the 1st game.  The other light flashes if the system has no SAS host.  If you ever get a Tito board to enable ticket In/Out it will stop flashing.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 09:48:07 PM »
One of the light flashes after a power on sequence and it goes away after you play the 1st game.  The other light flashes if the system has no SAS host.  If you ever get a Tito board to enable ticket In/Out it will stop flashing.

Great to know. Thanks Rick! I'm learning a lot from you guys.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2022, 04:19:26 AM »
I'm leaning more and more to a bad BV (or as you said, transport). I went to the 'Bill Validator and Currency Acceptors' forum on this site and followed the directions on the sticky thread for 'Troubleshooting Your WBA'. The directions say that "if the unit is working, it will pull the bill into the unit and deposit it where the cash can should be". My BV is not cycling like the gentlemen said that it should.

Do you have suggestions as to where I can purchase another bill validator? Should I get another cash box too?

The bill validator head is the part of the validator that reads the bill and passes it on to the transport to be fed to the cash can (or rejected back).  The head can be easily removed from the transport for cleaning or replacement.  When you get a new used one it's usually the head and transport as one unit like in your photos.  Inspect the cash can for signs of damage (bent metal, broken teeth on gear, et) and cycle it using your finger to rotate the gear.  If it seems to work then you probably just need a new transport.  Check with Jim at Midwest slots, he can probably fix you up with one.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal