New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2 went dark overnight - I need a suggestion on how to fix the problem  (Read 680 times)

Offline RenoBabyBoomer

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • RenoBabyBoomer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
The screens were blank when I got up this morning. I turned the power off and this afternoon when I turned it back on, the screens are still off. The CPU fan and monitor fans are working, and the machine did not make any of the normal start up sounds. Needless to say, pushing the diagnostics button won't tell me what the problem is. I do notice that the larger cabinet fan on the right side of the machine is not running at this time.

The only clue I might offer is that 2 days ago, the game I was playing froze during a large payout sequence. When inserting the attendant key, there was a bit of a spark when the key touched the cabinet and the screens went dark at that time. I cycled the power off then on, and the game loaded and played without problem. I had touched the game CF card and it was quite warm to the touch, but I don't know if that is normally how they are.

Any suggestions, with my thanks?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB2 went dark overnight - I need a suggestion on how to fix the problem
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:43:54 PM »
There is a series of LED's on the backplane board top right just under the MPU.  They are indicators for the various power voltages used by the system, if they are not all lit green, there's an issue with power.  If they are all lit green, the second thing I would look at is the video card inside the MPU (it is under the hard drive).  These have a habit of failure since they are passively cooled and depend on airflow through the mpu chassis, does your MPU have the cover on it, or is it open? (a missing mpu cover door tends to make the issue more pronounced).  If you can get a hold of a known working mpu, it would be the easiest way to diagnose your problem.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RenoBabyBoomer

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 03:43:52 PM »
Thanks Rick. The power lights are all lit green. I ran a cable from the machine to my computer monitor and still no picture. I've got to call the shop I bought it from last month to see if they have any suggestions and hopefully with it being under warranty they will send me a new video card.  I'll keep plugging away at it.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 04:26:09 PM »
if they are all lit, then there's an issue with the mpu (either cpu board or the video card typically).  Try reseating it to make sure it's on there well.  If reseating does nothing, then you will probably need to get that replaced under warranty.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 09:20:48 AM »
Reno,
I sort of had the same problem on a BB2 this morning.
We had a power brownout actually.
Both top and bottom LCDs were blacked out on a bank.

We powered off, then re-booted & everything came back on as normal.
Of course, it doesn't make sense as the power switch was physically in the "ON" position....oh well.
Some came back on on their own, others didn't.

Did you get your issue resolved?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RenoBabyBoomer

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 09:53:50 AM »
I sent the CPU box with everything in it to the store where I bought it and they will trouble shoot it. They have had it for a couple of days and I haven't heard back from them yet, but I have my fingers crossed. I'm glad yours powered back up without problem!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 11:10:04 AM »
okay cool... :cool_thumb_up: I'll keep an eye out on this topic.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal