New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ 10mhz Board Issue CR1 Fried Repair or Replace???  (Read 860 times)

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • hornetgod13 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ 10mhz Board Issue CR1 Fried Repair or Replace???
« on: October 24, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »
I have a IGT S+ Sugar & Spice 2CM that kept blowing a fuse. I was able to troubleshoot the issue down to the 10mhz Main Board. I have a second S+ machine with the same type board and was able to switch it out and its working fine.

Now looking closely at the board CR1 is fried/burnt (See pics). I'm not the best a soldering. Can this board be repaired or should it be replaced? I'm looking for an affordable S+ 10mhz board. Feebay has them but over priced in my opinion. Whats my options?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 11:55:23 AM by hornetgod13 »

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
Re: S+ 10mhz Board Issue CR1 Fried Repair or Replace???
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 05:41:44 PM »
second picture

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 05:48:42 PM »
third pic

Offline crayw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • crayw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
I would repair it. Diodes are really cheap. If you need help with soldering try a repair shop or maybe someone at your local fire department can help you either do it or might know someone who can.

Good luck!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »
The "local fire department "?

Since when did firemen become soldering experts? Just wondering....  :rotfl:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 06:26:40 PM »
I wonder what the specifics are for the CR1 diode so I ensure its replaced with the correct one and where could I find one?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 06:45:40 PM »
It's a CR5-010 diode, 5 amp 100 Volt, you can find a datasheet on digikey.com for sure.

You can substitute any 5 amp 100 V to 1200 V diode. Lead diameter and body size would be the only concern with fit. Many ways around that also...
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 05:03:20 AM »
I think I'm leaning towards finding a good S+ 10 mhz board. I'm concerned there is more than just the diode bad on this board. As I mentioned before, when I swapped the board out with another from my other machine everything works great. I wish I was comfortable and confident with small electronic repair.

The only place I can find a S+ 10 MHZ board in stock is Feebay and they want $170 to $220 for them.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 05:46:53 AM »
Your best bet is to find an NLG member close to you that has old scrap boards laying around for parts.
Where are you located?
I can easily solder a used diode onto your board for nothing and try it on my test machine.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:24:40 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 08:50:37 AM »
Looks like Jim is going to sell me an affordable replacement board. I might try and soldering in a new diode and see if I can have a spare board for the future, if it works out.

Offline crayw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • crayw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 10:11:54 AM »
Firefighters are a diverse group. Most of them work other jobs on their day off. I said someone there could perform the solder repair or know someone who can. Firefighters are committed to helping people. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 12:03:52 PM »
The replacement S+ 10 mhz board arrived from Jim. Once I installed a battery and went through the clear process, everything is working great on the machine. I consider the issues solved. Now if I remember, I will try and come back and post the results of soldering in a new diode on the original board and testing it.

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 12:04:37 PM »
one more pic

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 09:03:17 PM »
Final update: I was able to source the CR1 diode. I soldered a new one in on the original board and after I went through the clear process, everything is working fine. No blown fuses. All game play, lights, and features are are operating smoothly.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal