New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S plus RWB powering up issues  (Read 2839 times)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S plus RWB powering up issues
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2022, 09:14:55 AM »
Yes, display will go blank for a second if optics are working.  If there is no change door optics are not working.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2022, 01:10:04 PM »
Since the door is in an "Open" state, the "Service Credit" button should have put credits on your machine when you tried it in Reply #27.
BUT...you have a hopper code [3100] with an open door.
That means someone played a game while the door was open and the hopper paid out one extra coin.
To get rid of that code, the door still has to be closed.

Have you tried to see if the door emitter optic is putting out an infrared light beam while viewing with a camera?
Power up the machine and look at it with the camera on your cellphone.
1st picture is the door emitter OFF.
The 2nd picture is the door emitter ON.
It looked to be slightly purplish in color when I took a photo of it for you.
Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 01:27:41 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2022, 08:48:26 AM »
Since the door is in an "Open" state, the "Service Credit" button should have put credits on your machine when you tried it in Reply #27.
BUT...you have a hopper code [3100] with an open door.
That means someone played a game while the door was open and the hopper paid out one extra coin.
To get rid of that code, the door still has to be closed.

Have you tried to see if the door emitter optic is putting out an infrared light beam while viewing with a camera?

Yeah i tried that but did not see anything...

Also, new status....I checked the cash box door and taped down the switch there so it would ensure its closed. Then when i powered back on again, there is now no display at all. I did notice it was dim from my experience with other machines, but now nothing is showing.

This machine is really giving me a run for its money.

I am wondering if i should just buy a new board and start from there?
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2022, 06:38:32 AM »
Taping down that small cash box switch doesn't ensure that there's continuity in that line - the switch itself could be bad.
Best way is to cut the two ( light green?) wires, strip the ends and twist them together with an electrical cap or electrical tape...caps work better than tape tho.
There also may be another switch that works in parallel with the cash box door switch...it would be located behind the frame on the top left of the belly glass door as you swing it down.
Make sure that switch is in a closed state too - or cut the wires and twist them together like the cash box door switch.
Without you verifying with a multimeter that there's continuity in that line, you cannot be sure of it just by taping a switch lever together.

Although it's not a bad idea to have a working spare MPU, going out and buying an expensive MPU board might not fix anything...try these suggestions 1st...a lot less expensive!
You need to try to make sure it's not the optics before buying an MPU.

The door emitter optic: You stated...>>> " i tried that but did not see anything.."
This sounds like either you're NOT getting any power to the door emitter optic or it's burned out.
You might wanna get a spare set of door optics to try.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:59:20 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2022, 04:22:45 PM »
Got back tinkering around with machine. For sure power to bill validator, glass lights, .25 cent panel light, and reels firm with power. Still nothing more. No other displays or errors. No reset clock so connecting wires with jumper does nothing. Pushing test button nothing, pushing coin credit button nothing, door closing doesnt change anything.

Changed out board with working machine, no different.

What next as i want to buy cosmetic parts, but do not want to on a dead machine that is too costly to get running?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2022, 04:27:39 PM »
You need working door optics, until then you will get nowhere.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2022, 05:29:50 PM »
Yes i just dont really know if they are working or not. I tried the camera tip but i cant see anything different than that of my working machine.

I wasnt aware that the door optics would keep the display board, test button and reset switch useless. I hate to mess much more with my good machine, but i guess i could switch out the optics and see.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »
If you get no display at all something else is wrong.  Sounds like problem with SS, SP chip or MPU board.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2022, 09:06:57 PM »
If you get no display at all something else is wrong.  Sounds like problem with SS, SP chip or MPU board.
Yeah, thats why i put in the board from my other machine and same result. Now, didnt put the questionable board into my working machine. That may give me more clues as if the display works, etc. then maybe the display is off or something. Perhaps it will show also if the optics are an issue.  I am really stumped.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2022, 12:24:42 AM »
To clarify and confirm, the one to check with the camera is NOT the one with the glass on it? The one that is "projecting" is the one that looks more empty?

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2022, 08:01:30 AM »
Not all optics are the same or made by the same company.
IGT had these things made in Mexico as well as in the States....these optics are diodes really.
So without you posting a picture, I don't want to guess what you mean by "glass" or "more empty"  :rotfl: :24:
BOTH optics have "glass" and if you'll notice, the door emitter, and cabinet receiver optics have different colored wires too.

The door emitter optic is on the door....that's the one you want to view with a camera.

The receiver optic is on the right side of the reel shelf in the cabinet near the latch...it receives infrared light and doesn't emit any light at all.
Offhand, I cannot remember if the way to see if a receiver optic is any good would be to unplug the Molex connections to it and use a multimeter on the two housing pins - checking for ohms/continuity.
If there's no continuity in the multimeter loop you make, that would mean the receiver optic is burned out?
That's my guess...I just never tried to see if the receiver cabinet optic was any good....I'd let others comment on that.
I would like to add that I've never had a burned out receiver optic as well - other than one that had a broken wire.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal