New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha Touch Screen  (Read 7939 times)

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Bally Alpha Touch Screen
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
I am shopping out a Bally Alpha with a touch screen that is not responding. What is normally the first thing to look for? Thanks. Bill.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:30:15 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha Touch Screen
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »
Check the serial cable is plugged into the serial port of the MPU and then that it is also plugged into the monitor's touchscreen serial port.
Is the touchscreen not responding, or does the alpha give you an error.  If there is no error on the screen and it is just not responding, then the actual touchscreen glass is bad.  If the controller works and the glass is bad, you won't get an error on the game.  If the controller is bad and everything is hooked up, then you will get a touchscreen error.  Touchscreens usually work off the 12 volt rail.  Check your 5/12v power supply for bulging caps.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »
make sure you have a good ground

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 07:32:12 PM »
Touchscreens usually work off the 12 volt rail.  Check your 5/12v power supply for bulging caps.

I too have a 20 with a BEAUTIFUL PICTURE that I want to replace my S9E  that has NO TOUCH with NO ERROR. The connection looks good,everything seems perfect. Where exactly is this? On the monitor itself? Or the 2 power supplies in the cabinet?
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
If you are getting no error, there's a problem with either the glass (the capacitative grid is messed up), or the cable that connects the glass to the controller.  You kind of have to take the monitor apart like I did when I cleaned mine and see what is going on.  You will have to test the touchscreen glass with a good known working one, which means you are going to have to disassemble the bad monitor and a good monitor to test the glass.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 06:26:30 AM »
I took Rick's advice and disassembled the touch screen glass with braided fishing line, I had a used monitor laying around and did the same thing and swapped the glass on the monitors and everything is fine. I guess the not working glass had some broke traces. Thanks for all the help. It saves a lot of time Just asking questions on this site. Thanks. Bill.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »
The traces on the edges of the screen are sometimes unprotected and they get removed or broken up easily.  I put a layer of electrical tape all around mine when I sealed it so I don't expose it openly.  Once one of those traces on the edge get messed up, your nice touchscreen glass is now just a glass.  A new glass runs around $130.  So sometimes it may be cheaper if you can find a used working monitor and your old monitor becomes spare parts.  I have the opposite issue, I have a good working touchscreen, but a really crappy LCD full of gunk on the inner side of the LCD panel itself.  When I disassembled the monitor I cleaned all surfaces, then I put back the thing together and it was better, but there was a lot of gunk on the LCD monitor when you see bright images, especially during boot where you see totally whited out screens, and then it is obviously apparent that it is dirty.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal