New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Some newbie I+ game questions  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Some newbie I+ game questions
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
Just got my first I+ game - The Munsters.  Game played great until my 2 year old decided to hit the cash out button.  I have no coins in the hopper.  I turned the reset key hoping to find a hand pay option, but didn't see any.  How can I reset this?  I currently have no set/clear chip nor would I know how to use them.  Can't play my new game right now, so HELP!

Also, is there a manual available anywhere?

One last thought.  On swapping games, could additional 3902 mobo/MMLITE trays be bought so swapping games would be as simple as swapping the entire tray?  I know it's not the cheapest option but I'm curious if it's possible.

Thanks,
Robert

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:09:56 AM »

If you don't have a key chip then keep filling the hopper until all clears.  You may have to do this multiple times.  You will need a key chip to reset it to a handpay turning off the hopper, and turning on the ticket printer if your machine has one.  As for spare boards, yes you can do that but you still may need a key chip to set the machine up if the swapped out game is not compatible with the setup of the game that was in the machine before.  In any case you should get yourself a key 22 and a key 17 depending upon the game.
idesign

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »

Robert, check your email. Also I use Key 22 on I games frequently. Like Jeff said, it depends on the game.

Dan (tacman)

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:36:41 AM »

You CAN do that Robert! I keep extra 3902 shelfs here for that reason. There is one small problem...
Yank out the Munsters shelf, set it aside....
Install the new shelf.
When machine wakes up it will have a RAM ERROR, with the door open turn the key twice.
it will reboot. You will get the error again, turn key twice again.....
Machine will say it is "INITIALIZING". Keep door open while doing this...
It will tell you to hold the white button in for 2 to 3 seconds.
Since the shelf has not been reset it will ask you to check the options.
Touch the return to game button on screen and your ready to go.
You will have to do this when you switch back to Munsters.
BE ADVISED....you WILL lose ALL CREDITS from the shelf when this is done!!!
For what it's worth, you CAN use a 3902 Gameking to do this too.Even tho it has a single set of
buttons, the rest of them are on screen,so Munsters WILL play in a Gameking chassis Smiley
I have a 3902 shelf I am going to change the 40 pin and 32 pin sockets to ZIF's just for doing this swapping of games. Cheaper than buying a load of 3902's.....

Kirk

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Some newbie I+ game questions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:46:13 AM »
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »

I have a separate EEPROM to plug into the motherboard for each one of my games.  I keep it in a socket which makes it easy to remove and install by hand.   It's easy to access with the tray removed, and this way I keep the credits/game settings/statistics when changing games. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
Re: Some newbie I+ game questions
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:06:47 AM »
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »

What's the approximate cost on 3902 shelves?

I like the EEPROM idea.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »

Thats a good idea, what EEPROM goes in that socket?

Kirk

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »

The EEPROM is a 24C16 and costs about 50 cents each from mouser electronics.   Make sure you pay attention to the chip orientation (pin 1) when you change it. 

3902 board prices vary some.  I think most of mine were in the $175-$200 range with the MMLII sound card included.
 Tilt
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »

Know anyone who sells 3902 shelves with MMLII cards?

robertywinter

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

Check with Jim at Blueridge slots. His link is at the top of the page.

Rob

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

Thanks! I will order a stick of them Smiley
K+ for the info Smiley

KIrk
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

I noticed Mouser sells a few variations in DIP packaging for different voltages.  Do you remember which voltage you purchased or should I just use the 1.8-5.5v ON Semiconductor chip?

robertwinter

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »

I bought some ON Semiconductor 24C16 EEPROM chips from Mouser.

Did my first swap with a spare 3902 tray and a previously configured EEPROM.  Definitely makes swapping a WHOLE lot easier.  Even without using a spare tray, the swapping of the EEPROM (once configured for a game) with SIMMs makes for a MUCH quicker game change!

K+ to Tilt for the tip.
robertwinter

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »

Robert- Which voltage chips did you wind up buying?  I want to do this with my Game King so I can swap game sets without losing all my game setups, progressive settings, etc.  Thanks in advance.
knagl

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »

I used ON Semiconductor, which is 1.8-5.5v.

robertwinter

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post looking for the supply voltage of the EEPROM IC.  I'm glad you were able to figure it out.  The one I used is Mouser P/N 511-M24C16-WBN6P which will operate from 2.5 - 5.5V, but any 5V 24C16 should work fine.
Tilt

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 03:42:56 AM »

Tilt, (Or anyone else who has done this!)

I was thinking of doing this to make game changes simple. I was wondering if you had the part number of the socket that you used handy???

Also I was going to get this part as that seems to be what they have in stock, can someone confirm that this will work? Also I am going to use it on the newer style IGAMES, but will it also work on the older style GameKings that had the huge IO card under the monitor and above the 3802 MPU board???

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=N3rdCCFdQRc%252bsq9Y%252b5p86Q%3D%3D

Thanks in advance!!! applause

CaptainHappy  CaptainHappy

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »

That's the same ones I've ordered, so yes they work.  The part number for the socket I used is 571-1-390261-2.  I don't have an older Game King like that, but if it has the same EEPROM on the backplane it should work with it too.

Tilt

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »

Tilt,

Thanks for the information! K+ Clap

CH CaptainHappy

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »

I just tried the EEPROM that Tilt said to use from Mouser,works great!!Alot easier changing games now.Thanks for the great tip.

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »

Hi Laneman.  Glad its worked out well for you. It does make game swaps go much easier, and I like being able to keep the credits/statistics intact too.  Just make sure when you swap out the EEPROM that you pay attention to where pin 1 goes, and don't bend any pins.  17" GK/I-game cabinets have a service lamp in them behind the bill validator.  It will light up with the power switch off and the door open making it easier to see the socket on the backplane. Have fun!

Tilt

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:40 PM »

Actually the EEPROM isnt too hard to change at all.I'd rather change that little chip than have to re do the game setup each time like I was doing.

I was able to make tiny labels for each one with my label maker.

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »

Tilt   19" has the same light.

Buzz

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 04:07:15 AM »

Q

Has anyone used those chips on one of the 19" or 17" Game Kings that are the earlier models with the huge I/O board above the MPU board??? The reason why I ask is that the eeprom in mine is a 24LC16B/P, which I assume is compatible??? My I-Game uses the one that everyone has been discussing. Just need to figure out if I need to buy both???

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »

CH
You would be safe using either one,
The only difference I could spot is one can go down to a lower voltage of 1.7
I do not think IGT drops it that low anyways.

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »

Captain,

It'll work then.  Just watch the chip orientation.  On newer machines pin one is on the upper right (looking straight at it), on older ones it's on the lower left.  Just make sure you install the notch on the chip to match the notch on the backplane socket and you'll be good to go, and be aware there are differences. 

Tilt

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »

Thank guys for confirming exactly what I thought! yes yes yes

I have wanted to do this for some time now, just never got around to it!

I am not going to bother doing it on the S2000's like others have mentioned it would be a pain to get to! It is not that big of a deal for the game change on them, but on the GAMEKINGS and IGAMES it takes much longer, especially on the multi hand multi game multidenom pokers. frying pan

K+ all around! Clap Clap Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal