New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The little Blue Bird that couldn’t boot...  (Read 2677 times)

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
The little Blue Bird that couldn’t boot...
« on: May 27, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »
Hello everyone,
It’s me again and I am unsure where to go from here. I have a WMS Blue Bird 1 with a green board. This cabinet runs Crystal Forest. I got the machine non-working. I changed the batteries ensuing their voyages measure at 3 volts just to be safe. Then I reseated the CPU making sure it was snug along with double checking that the batteries were inserted right-side-up (+ sign facing me) after seeing another thread about someone putting the batteries in upside down. I also made sure the metal contacts on the batteries were touching since they seemed a little loose.

Then when I powered up the machine, all five of the red lights lining the bottom of the CPU came on, both fans spun, and the green light on the monitor came on. With the clear card in (a 512mb 1851), I powered up the machine. Sometimes the screen goes blank after the WMS logo with a white background appears. Others it the screen went blank immediately. And when the screen didn’t go blank, it would say “SYSTEM HALTED” (picture 1) midway through the boot up. I also tried putting in the operating system card but it would get stuck at “Cash 5a#” (looked at that error for so long that I memorized it lol) as seen in Picture 2. Should I try flipping the clear card so that the “512MB CPU-NXT RAM CLEAR” labling faces the back of the machine?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated :)  :hail:
Slot Machines and more slot machines! Instagram: @itsaslotmachine

My latest adventure:
https://m.facebook.com/AnAtypicalGirl/

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: The little Blue Bird that couldn’t boot...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »
You can't boot the machine because you need to clear it first, that's why it is failing.  According to the error, your SJUR chip is either missing or bad.  If you have a green cpu, the sjur is on the bottom left of the mpu, it is a small socketed 8 pin chip. See red square on photo.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 06:30:16 PM »
Thank you and I did try the clear chip first. The machine doesn’t complete a full clear before it says “SYSTEM HALTED” whenever I try the clear chip. How do I reseat the SJUR chip or replace it? My CPU is green

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 07:30:50 PM »
Did you look at my photo to locate to see if you even have the chip?  It is small 8 pin chip, you can just remove it and put it back it.  If the clear still dies just after the SPI (this is the sjur eeprom), then your sjur is most likely bad.  They are cheap and easy enough to find.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:46:12 PM »
Yes I did and I will try taking it out and then putting it back in. If the clear dies after the SPI, where can I find another SJUR chip?

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »
Post a WTB.  You could take the opportunity to select one of these two sjur chips, each has something that is useful.

Colombia - you can set jackpot limit to a large number where you will not get a handpay if you win over $1,200.00.
Mississippi - this one disables the mechanical meters, so you don't hear the ticking sound every time you play a game or win anything.

Unfortunately, there's isn't one SJUR that will do both, so it is either or.  Or you could buy both and switch them around as needed (you will need to clear and setup each time you do so). 

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 08:20:28 PM »
Thank you and will do. I did re-seat the JSUR chip and the same thing happened upon clearing. Then the screen goes black a minute after the error is shown

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »
This is a video of what happens when I try booting it with the clear chip:

https://youtu.be/fHBjdvIzh3A

*CORRECTION: I meant to say that I am booting up this machine with the CLEAR CHIP installed. I stumbled on my words

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 07:46:39 AM »
Did you make sure the SJUR is inserted the correct way.  There's a little notch in the chip socket that denotes the side where pine 1 of the chip goes.  The chip also has a little notch on the top that denotes the pin 1 is.  Both should be facing the same direction.  If it is inserted correctly, then the sjur is most likely bad.  Post a clear close up photo of your sjur.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 12:50:53 PM »
Thank you and I will check that that the chip is facing the correct way. I do not see any notches but the “SJUR” label was facing upwards when I looked at the MPU. and here is a photo

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »
Another thing I thought of: Do I have the Game Chip and the Clear Chip in the right order? (Is the game chip suppose to go on top the Clear Chip?)

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 02:27:57 PM »
Yes that is correct, the game card is in front, and the os (or clear) goes in the back.  If you had them reversed you wouldn't get as far as you have in the boot process.  Your chip is also inserted in the correct way.  You can see the notch that I'm talking bout under sticker, you it is evident on the photo as shown by the red square.

I don't even know what SJUR you have, I don't have information on that that particular number.

At this point I would try to locate a known working SJUR chip to see if that resolves the issue.  That is definitely where the clear card is hanging up as it tries to load the SPI module, but it is unable to do so because it can't find valid information on the module, so it aborts.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 02:51:22 PM by rickhunter »

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »
Thank you! I’ll ask around for a working SJUR Chip :)

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 08:32:55 PM »
Update: Someone did reach out and found me a SJUR Chip that I could use. It should be here next week and I’ll keep you posted :) I will also try a different clear card too to see if my clear card is bad, and I’ll try installing a printer to see if that does anything

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »
Your clear card is good.  If you look at your screen, it says it passed authentication.  If it fails authentication, your clear card is bad.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »
Thank you and that’s good to know :) Where can I get another Operating System Card from since I think mine might be going bad?

Today, when I tested by Operating System card because someone wanted to see a video of what happened, it said “Loading from 2 Volumes” instead of 3. I did ensure that the Operating System card was all the way in 

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
If the OS card is bad, it won't boot past the first splash screen with an error like the boot and root validation failed.  You can also not boot a machine with just the OS card, you need a game and an OS, that is where you get the 3 volumes (2 from the OS card and 1 from the game card).

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
Thank you for the clarification

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 01:45:42 PM »
Some very happy news

Today, I finally got my WMS Blue Bird to boot, turned out I needed a new JURS chip since mine went bad. And I needed a 64 MB Video Clear Card instead of the 512MB CPU-NCT Ram Clear Card. When I booted the machine up, the monitor was off centered (leaving a black gap between the edge of the edge of the screen and the image). I pushed the Auto Adjust button (inside the machine) on the side of the monitor which re-centered the picture. I want to say a HUGE thank you for everyone’s support, hints, and help. Really approached

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2020, 02:36:02 PM »
Glad you got it going.  Enjoy the machine!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal