New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help Please with a new POG I just acquired  (Read 1710 times)

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help Please with a new POG I just acquired
« on: August 04, 2020, 12:16:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

Quick history I have a hobby that I bring back to life EM and SS pinballs as well as slots both EM and SS so I have a lot of tools and common sense.

I just acquired a wood cabinet standup mini upright POG and it's basically DOA. So I have some questions because it looks to be a realitively new machine in good order.

I have attached a complete set of pics for detailed reference of the machine including Goldfinger 19" monitor model GF-1923A12 and the main board here:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups/share/ITkj_LeBSfa5lawbyKgjyg.2R0k9z0ndess9Oc1DVJawF

[size=78%]Switches 2, 4 and 8 are up on the board (pic) eprom's are 580F I have no Idea what the board is[/size]

Touch screen video works but the touch is not working but when you touch it you can see off to the side a dim light showing that it is recognizing the touch.

Have one key and it only opens the machine no other lock or anything key controlled

there is a red button recessed on the left side of the machine(pic) [/size][size=78%]https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/qr5eahB4Rb2Qzer8mKvsGw.pfr3r2Rw-SR9b-GoPhGf_L[/size]

There is a button on a white switch just inside the front door (pic) [/size][size=78%]https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/eJAk9UFUQxqlC3A49eeApA.GhELVI-9FLhd7Ewapyi6Pp[/size]

Diagnosis: boots up and goes to an eprom checksum screen (pic) [/size][size=78%]https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/6-jnTLl4RvqSW89wrb_M8A.bVFG6VY4Q2OvTazfYzE5pz[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]                    [/size][/size]press the white button on the left inside the cabinet door and it goes to a 10880 uninitialized registers screen (pic)[size=78%]

[/size]               [size=78%][/size][size=78%]https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/SenQ7DPVTnWDv_Q8cQfLrw.OVryt2HBTuNFtjAAZ69O2a[/size]

and that is the furthest I can get. I removed the board and took detailed pics of everything. I see no 3v battery but I do see a large wafer style cap but don't know how to                 
                check it and even if that is perse' the battery?

Where do I go from here?

As always thank you all in advance.

-=Fred=-   

MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Help Please with a new POG I just acquired
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 02:31:02 PM »
I'm guessing the NvRam module is dead, looks like it has never been replace.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:37:21 PM »
thanx guys  which is the nv ram module?
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:13:18 PM »
The chip that is strapped to it's socket with a cable tie.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline asgard

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • asgard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 11:17:30 PM »
Turn off switch 8 then turn on the machine, wait for eprom checksum error screen then press the white button, when the small error box appears, press the white button(supervisor key) again. The machine should boot up with the game. If you power off and on and eproms checksum error appears again then change the clock chip (chip with tie strap), it is the "battery" you were wondering about. If it boots up with the game instead then you are fine. So to simplify, turn on machine and press the white button twice, about 3 secs apart. The machine should boot up with the game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:33:28 PM by asgard »

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 06:31:08 AM »
Thank you, here's a quick update.

I changed the battery/capacitor and the clock chip U3. The machine only plays with the 8 dip up.

I have sent the board off to potogoldrepair.com and am currently awaiting results.

I'll be sure and post the outome!

-=Fred=-

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal