New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: coin in jam error  (Read 6729 times)

Offline double Diamond

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • double Diamond New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: coin in jam error
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 08:24:02 AM »
When you close the door, will the acceptor take a bill?
  no probably not the machine isn't operating normal

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 08:50:41 AM »
Have you replaced the 7 segment display or the VFD?
Just because it shows a zero does not mean it's working properly.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 10:04:45 AM »
Have you replaced the 7 segment display or the VFD?
Just because it shows a zero does not mean it's working properly.
  no i haven't replayed it  the 7 segment display or the vfd board vfd board seems to be working

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 11:03:40 AM »
As you close the door, watch the 7-segment credit display carefully as you pull down securing the door latch...does the zero go out momentarily and then come back on?

If your door optics are properly working, the error messages will each be erased one by one....that's why members are telling you to open/close the door latch.

If your door optics are not working properly, the errors will stay on the displays and the zero on the credit display will remain on as you're lowering the door latch.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 11:22:58 AM »
As you close the door, watch the 7-segment credit display carefully as you pull down securing the door latch...does the zero go out momentarily and then come back on?

If your door optics are properly working, the error messages will each be erased one by one....that's why members are telling you to open/close the door latch.

If your door optics are not working properly, the errors will stay on the displays and the zero on the credit display will remain on as you're lowering the door latch.

my door optics seem to be working every time i lower the latch up and down  20 times still nothing

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 01:04:33 PM »
okay...if the number goes out momentarily on the credit display when opening/closing the latch,  then the door optics are fine.
Thanks for double-checking.

Look in the photo I've attached below of one of your I/O cards.
Do you see the rather large header pins that run from the white housing connector to the circuit board in the metal box opening under the handle?
That is on the component side of the I/O board.
If you flip the I/O card around, usually there is just a clear plastic cover protecting the circuitry from being shorted out and is often referred to as the non-component side.

You cannot really see all the IC components on the inside of the card because of the metal framing that the circuit board is attached to.
Offhand, as I am not near an S2000 at the moment, I believe the circuit board is held to the metal box with four screws.
If you remove the screws and place them aside, you will be able to lift off circuit board from the box frame and be able to visually inspect the component side of the I/O card UNDER those header pins.

What I want you to inspect is that area on the circuit board that I've highlighted in red under the header pins.
Maybe take a good photo of it and show us.
The area where I've highlighted in red is where there are certain chips on the I/O card that act sort of like "fuses".

When an i/o board is overloaded or shorted out, those chips will many times....blow up....you may not remember but if they blow up, you actually hear a "pop" sound....sometimes there will be an unusual smell too.
You WILL see the damage done to an I/O card on the component side when it has been mistakenly been removed or inserted while the slot machine's power switch was "ON"....this is why we tell people to turn OFF the power switch when installing or removing circuit boards.
Believe me I know, I've blown up a card or two because I've forgotten to kill the power..   :duh:
I am certain that JIM has sent you a tested, working card as he is a known very experienced slot tech....I just don't know your experience of working with these machines and you may have blown an I/O card without knowing.....this is a way to check things.

You've said there is an 801 version on the door panel.
That would be for a single row of deck buttons.
If your 801 card is good, then certain lamps on deck buttons will light up after you press the white test button on the MPU for about 2 seconds.
If the buttons respond to you touching them to maneuver thru Settings Options, then you know the 801 I/O card is still good.

There's another I/O card in the cabinet against the MPU cage wall.
Earlier, in Reply #9, member Lookes asked you if it was connected to a backlit reel driver board.
I wish you would have answered him.
The reel driver board would be located on the rear cabinet wall behind the reel shelf.
There should be a harness going to that board from the cabinet I/O board if you have backlit reels.
He wanted you to power off, disconnect it and power up.

Good luck...I'm sure there's more suggestions from our members for you to try!
We all want to see your machine up and running the way it should be.  :yes:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:32:29 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 04:10:33 PM »
one is the door i/o card and the other one is the cabinet i/o card
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:29:19 PM by double Diamond »

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 04:12:53 PM »
okay...if the number goes out momentarily on the credit display when opening/closing the latch,  then the door optics are fine.
Thanks for double-checking.

Look in the photo I've attached below of one of your I/O cards.
Do you see the rather large header pins that run from the white housing connector to the circuit board in the metal box opening under the handle?
That is on the component side of the I/O board.
If you flip the I/O card around, usually there is just a clear plastic cover protecting the circuitry from being shorted out and is often referred to as the non-component side.

You cannot really see all the IC components on the inside of the card because of the metal framing that the circuit board is attached to.
Offhand, as I am not near an S2000 at the moment, I believe the circuit board is held to the metal box with four screws.
If you remove the screws and place them aside, you will be able to lift off circuit board from the box frame and be able to visually inspect the component side of the I/O card UNDER those header pins.

What I want you to inspect is that area on the circuit board that I've highlighted in red under the header pins.
Maybe take a good photo of it and show us.
The area where I've highlighted in red is where there are certain chips on the I/O card that act sort of like "fuses".

When an i/o board is overloaded or shorted out, those chips will many times....blow up....you may not remember but if they blow up, you actually hear a "pop" sound....sometimes there will be an unusual smell too.
You WILL see the damage done to an I/O card on the component side when it has been mistakenly been removed or inserted while the slot machine's power switch was "ON"....this is why we tell people to turn OFF the power switch when installing or removing circuit boards.
Believe me I know, I've blown up a card or two because I've forgotten to kill the power..   :duh:
I am certain that JIM has sent you a tested, working card as he is a known very experienced slot tech....I just don't know your experience of working with these machines and you may have blown an I/O card without knowing.....this is a way to check things.

You've said there is an 801 version on the door panel.
That would be for a single row of deck buttons.
If your 801 card is good, then certain lamps on deck buttons will light up after you press the white test button on the MPU for about 2 seconds.
If the buttons respond to you touching them to maneuver thru Settings Options, then you know the 801 I/O card is still good.

There's another I/O card in the cabinet against the MPU cage wall.
Earlier, in Reply #9, member Lookes asked you if it was connected to a backlit reel driver board.
I wish you would have answered him.
The reel driver board would be located on the rear cabinet wall behind the reel shelf.
There should be a harness going to that board from the cabinet I/O board if you have backlit reels.
He wanted you to power off, disconnect it and power up.

Good luck...I'm sure there's more suggestions from our members for you to try!
We all want to see your machine up and running the way it should be.  :yes:

the one is for the door i/o card and the other is the cabinet i.o card
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:26:52 PM by double Diamond »

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 06:04:33 PM »
I cannot see the chips too good in these photos.
At this resolution, they appear okay but I can't really tell if any are blown up.

Did you try Lookes suggestion from Reply #9 yet?

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 07:05:26 PM »
At this resolution, they appear okay but I can't really tell if any are blown up.

i have disconected the  back lite harness but no  change
it wont let take a good picture file to big

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 07:30:57 PM »

soory for the poor picture 

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 07:47:24 PM »
it wont let take a good picture file to big

Take the highest res picture you can and then attach it to an email to yourself.  Your mailer should offer to reduce the size of the attachment automatically.  That usually makes the received file small enough to upload to a post while still being clear enough to see details.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 08:04:18 PM »

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:49:16 PM by double Diamond »

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 08:50:59 PM »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 08:57:45 PM »
What is the game theme?
Need a picture of the front of the door with the button deck and a picture of the interior door where the I/O card(s) are.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 10:38:16 PM »
What is the game theme?
Need a picture of the front of the door with the button deck and a picture of the interior door where the I/O card(s) are.

double diamonds

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 10:39:10 PM »
What is the game theme?

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2022, 10:40:15 PM »
What is the game theme?

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2022, 11:01:41 PM »
I can’t tell from the picture. Do you have a coin in the coin comparitor?
-Robert

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2022, 05:34:51 AM »
Your higher resolution photos in Reply #34 came out good finally.
Looking at them, I couldn't see anything wrong with the I/O boards.
Nothing looks blown up....especially the tan colored caps.

You've stated you have backlit reels....but it looks like you're missing harness connector plugs into the backlight reel driver board.
Were they removed when you took the photo?
What's important too is that the reel driver board is specific on the reel lamps....there are two kinds of boards...one is made for incandescent bulbs while the other driver board is made for LED lamps.

I do NOT know if using the wrong setup can cause a [coin in jam] message or not.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:38:20 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal