New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: coin in jam error  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: coin in jam error
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2022, 12:50:14 PM »
Both MPUs do that exact same thing?  That certainly isn't right, it should go through the self tests.

What GME's does he have installed?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2022, 01:14:11 PM »
Tito setup usually is just one board with two connectors.  Sounds like there may have been more going on or something when he says "stuff" removed??

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2022, 02:10:46 PM »
Tilt, both MPU's generate the same coin in jam. Immediately after power up. No init, no reels, no other errors on the VFD as I can tell form dD. ( it may show main door and coin in jam, I am not certain though)

I do not know what GME chips he has - but they worked before the TITO thing.  The glass on the machine says Double Diamonds,

The MPU's do not function the same. The one in the machine now is his original. It functions the best at this time. I am starting over here at a baseline - trying to stop the parts swapping until we can determine anything out about the coin in jam. The MPU in the machine now -

Reel strip test - does nothing
Reel backlight test - works
Panel buttons - work
Panel button lamps - do not work
7 segment display - works
coin in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - do not work
printer is installed - I do not know the condition of the printer

The WWG MPU - (tested and working when shipped to dD)

Reel strip test - does nothing
Reel backlight test - does not work
Panel buttons - work
Panel button lamps - work
7 segment display - does not work
coin in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - do not work but he says coin in 6 will toggle from 0 to 1
printer is installed - I do not know the condition of the printer.

I will have dD get me a picture of the TITO stuff for clarity. As far as I have been told - about a year ago dD tried to install the TITO, that is when the machine stopped working and gave the coin in jam error. I do not know what was done to the machine at that time to try to repair the TITO and coin in jam error. I will assume many things were done and swapped. dD had some I/O cards and a reel backlight board when I started working with him. He purchased these recently - WWG MPU, motherboard, optics board, at least 2 more door and 2 more cabinet I/O cards, a harness for the 'back plain' to cabinet I/O card and a door harness that is not the right one for his machine/button panel. I sent him an MPU from my original Triple Diamond Deluxe that had been laying around that had no sound but functioned when I removed it from that machine 3 years ago, it should have worked, I replaced the battery before I sent it to him. He said it did not work and the LED's were not in the right state, I believe the red one was on. He sent that back to me, I can not test and verify the condition of it as I do not have a working S2000. I sent him a good working main power supply and a working CC he should receive Monday and Tuesday.

I am planning on sending the Super Stepper board that has damaged IC and traces and the 5V power supply, the power supply I recapped and is working, the SS board should be good as it came out of my machine I have had for a couple years, it was somewhat gutted but these parts were in it. I never got around to getting it working as I have mostly S+ parts I picked up from a guy when I cleared out his garage of machines and parts - this is the machine wrapped in red crocodile 'skin'. Hence the reason he sold me the items - many S+ parts and many S2000 machines needing work - at the time I did not know the difference between the models. Sure have learned a lot here in the last 3 or 4 years. Some day I will get rid of all the 'stuff' I have. Some day....
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2022, 07:37:07 PM »
Here is his TITO board.  Doesn't look damaged.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2022, 08:08:36 PM »
Looks like it's wired for bally:

Top is IGT
Bottom is Bally
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 10:19:32 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2022, 08:38:55 PM »
It's time to get back to basics.
Need to see a picture of the mpu with the chips installed. Good close up shots.
If there is no mpu installed, when turned on what does the VFD say?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2022, 09:14:07 PM »
Here are the pictures dD sent.

Picture of VFD is the massage with MPU out.
Tony

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2022, 09:19:45 PM »
GME1 and GME2 are reversed.
Need a closeup of U67.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2022, 09:49:38 PM »
Back to basics picture tells it all.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2022, 10:13:35 PM »
GME1 and GME2 are reversed.
Need a closeup of U67.

Good catch! 

I'm surprised it tries to boot at all like that, but that would explain why it doesn't go through the normal boot up tests.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2022, 10:29:18 PM »
Looks like he swapped them.  Not sure if he tried it yet.

I hope that is the main problem. Thanks for asking about the chips.

EDIT : He said it won't do anything. Will check tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 05:42:10 AM by Trisail »
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2022, 05:49:04 AM »
I am going to drop off parts to USPS this morning for dD -

Super Stepper Board
5V / 12V power supply
2 sets of chips - SG000363 1 of 2, SG 000363 2 of 2 and SB100054

I will check with dD this morning and see what the machine does with the game chips he has - in the correct sockets.
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2022, 08:17:45 AM »
Update

Dropped off box of parts for dD.

Member lookes contacted me. U67 on the MPU board looks bad. With U11 blown on the super stepper board that makes sense. He and I think this is the coin in jam root cause.

I am sure I will need to get the boards from dD and do the repairs before anymore work can he done on the machine.

I will post updates when I know more. Thanks everyone.
Tony

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2022, 08:22:11 AM »
See if you can get a the close up of U67 on both MPUs like lookes asked for.  It's the SENET buffer and quite often when it goes bad it will show physical signs of it (bubbling, cracked, burn mark, etc).  It usually blows if you hot swap an IO card or the MPU board, but a bad I/O board could also damage it.

Edit:  I was typing this as you posted the Update.  Disregard.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2022, 06:30:43 PM »
I repaired/replaced U67 on both MPU boards and repaired/replaced U11 on stepper comm board. I am trying to purchase an S2000 I can use to test everything else I got from dD. Not much luck so far here in AZ on a machine I can afford to do the testing and then resell. I may have to get someone else with a machine to help. I suppose if anyone would be interested in helping, PM me we can talk.
Tony

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2022, 09:36:44 AM »
Was this problem ever resolved Tony?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
Yes.  Communication after was incomplete.
Tony

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2022, 09:57:53 AM »
The comms board fault will not cause the senet fault however the door optics are present on the ribbon cable that goes to the comms board so a fault on the board can make the machine not see a door closure and not reset an error that has been repaired.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal