New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help: No Signal displayed on VGA LCD  (Read 1315 times)

Offline rescue161

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rescue161 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help: No Signal displayed on VGA LCD
« on: January 21, 2022, 03:54:17 PM »
I am so frustrated with trying to use my new POG board with a VGA LCD monitor.  Initially, I tried to use the small CGA to VGA adapter, not realizing that it did not convert the signal.  I then fed the output of the POG to an RGB arcade monitor and it sort of worked (I could at least see an image, but I did not adjust anything, because it is still in use on another game and I did not want to mess up that game.), so I ordered one of the Chinese CGA to VGA converters.  Well, no matter what setting I select in the menu of the converter, I get "No Signal" displayed on the LCD.  I tried RGBS, RGBHV and YPBPR and tried setting the resolution to all of the available in the converter.  The POG game sound works and appears to boot, but the LED closest to the dip switches blinks very fast after to boot sound.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm using this converter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253407215602

I just bought the POG board and it looks brand new.  I'm getting ready to just buy another one that has the VGA output, so I can just have a working game without all of the headaches.  This is for home use, for fun, but I am not having fun at all.  Please help.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Offline rescue161

• NLG
Re: Help: No Signal displayed on VGA LCD
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 07:25:55 PM »
Okay, good news.  I could not get the GBS8200 to work at all, so I ordered an ACV-0011 and it works.  So now I have video, but I can't change the touchscreen type.  I have a Micro-Touch controller, but the game is set to ELO.  It appears to be registering touches during a calibration, but once that finishes, I still can't control the game through the touchscreen.  I'm using a combination of the attendant switch and the config switch, but it doesn't appear to do anything other than go in and out of the touch screen calibration.  I'll keep digging.  I guess some progress is better than none.

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 05:48:42 PM »
The touchscreen has been figured out.  It was a power supply issue.

I have now locked the machine into "Terminal Disabled" mode.  I went to hit the exit button and aimed a little high and hit the "Manual Terminal Disable" button instead.  The manual says to hit the "Manual Terminal Enable" button, but it is not visible on the screen.  I'm also missing the Demo/Normal Mode button.

Please help if you can.  I have bitten off WAY more than I can chew on this thing.

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 07:30:14 PM »
Okay, more success.

I did a hard reset of the board and was able to get back into it, but it erased everything.  No big deal as it was brand new, so not much to erase.  My problem ended up being that the push-button attendant switch that came with the harness kit (Ebay) was a normally-closed switch, which was causing me tons of grief.  Once I put a normally-open switch in place, I was able to get it up and running properly.  Now It's starting to be fun and I don't feel like I'm a fish out of water.  It's amazing how something as small as a wrong switch type can cause so much frustration.  You'd think that as popular as these games are/were that there would be more info on wiring these up.  The only manual I have found is the one that covers programming and it does not have a single reference as to which connector does what.  Also, my power supply issue was that I was using a PS that did not produce (-)12VDC.  It was marketed as a POG power supply, but obviously it did not work.  I'll end up using it in a 60-in-1 or another future project.  I'll eventually post pictures of the progress of me gutting my old homemade Cherry Master and putting in this new POG board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal